The Village for Families & Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Village for Families & Children

2.9

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring at The Village is certainly not fair or unbiased, from what I can see. Hiring decisions tend to be made based more on which people you know internally, versus what skills you possess professionally. What you can expect throughout the hiring phase is for The Village to just kind of go through the motions and interview you, even if it's very clear they have no intention of hiring you. I worked at this employer long enough, and therefore had ample opportunity to see what really happens throughout the hiring phase. It is certainly not very fair or objective, and several of the managers there seem to base their hiring decisions upon gossip and/or personal vendettas. During the hiring phase, I was called in for an interview but did not receive an offer for the position which I applied for. Someone else with less qualifications (but more ability to flatter and brown nose than I had), got the position instead. I felt like the hiring phase was only an obligatory motion which The Village had to go through with me, just to avoid seeming like they discriminate against people. However, now that I am no longer working for The Village who I consider to be extremely dishonest and biased, I'd like to take this opportunity to describe my experiences. Hopefully, new applicants or candidates thinking about working for The Village will feel duly notified and well informed about the fact that hiring is not always fair or objective.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of a trauma informed focus? Give a few examples in your past work experience of how a trauma informed focus was beneficial to using, instead of more traditional approaches?   Answer Question

CDS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

My interview experience was not very good. It wasn't extremely bad, but the entire process from start to finish was not very organized. For example, they lost my paperwork the first time and I had to submit everything again which was a little bit aggravating. There were also several times when I had to follow up because I did not hear back from the recruiter in a timely manner. Altogether, the hiring process seemed very disorganized and scattered.

Interview Questions

• Define the word 'flexible' and what it means to you. Given an example...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT) in March 2019.

Interview

I had a great experience at the Village. I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. At the end of the first interview I was asked to complete a writing prompt where I created a sample treatment plan and diagnostic formulation. After completion I was told someone would be in touch regarding a panel interview. I completed the second interview and was asked to return to shadow the environment.

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children.

Interview

Interview process lasted approx. 1 month and the questions were based on your experience in the field. I had the interview in the main office in hartford and the place was easy to find. The lady who interviewed me was nice and informative about the position

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you experienced resistance and what intervention you used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

After about 3 weeks, I was called for an interview. The interview process had standard questions about my experience and whether or not I was qualified. I do wish it would have been more professional though. The interviewer did not seem to have much experience with interviewing others. For example, several of the questions were not relevant to the position I applied to. Another thing which was negative about my interview was the interviewer's non-verbal communication cues. Some of the frank and honest answers which I gave seemed to cause them discomfort and maybe they were offended. In my opinion, that might be why there was no offer because I don't feel like it was a good match.

Interview Questions

• What was the most traumatic thing that you witnessed or experienced in your past clinical work?   1 Answer
    • Do you think you are a good match for this position? Tell me why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT).

Interview

verbal phone interview only. HR lost all my stuff, told me I had to reapply. reapplied a few days later. still didn't hear anything back. very unprofessional how this place operates

Interview Questions

• can you reapply and resubmit all your stuff, we lost it the first time around   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT).

Interview

The interview process was extremely unprofessional. First off, I applied months ago for this job and only heard back from the recruiter after I'd already found another job several months later. (Talk about dragging your feet.....) So I decided to go on the interview anyways, just to check things out. Perhaps I would find a better job here at this agency. Wrong!!!! From the moment I walked in, I could tell right away that this agency was not very professional!!! The site that I went to looked very dirty and unkept, like it had not been cleaned in years!!!! The employees did not even know how to greet someone in a professional manner and you could tell from their reactions they did not want somebody older in their department anyways. The look of disapproval was all over their faces, and I was not made to feel very welcome by them. What really made this interview experience BEYOND TERRIBLE for me however was VERY CLEAR AGE DISCRIMINATION!! If you don't want older people working for your discriminatory agency, at least do everybody a favor and DO NOT MAKE IT SO CLEAR AND OBVIOUS TO THE APPLICANT!!!!!! Asking people "whether you think you could keep up with everybody" (direct quote) is a discriminatory question!!!!! It implies that you're too old and would not be able to keep up with everybody, so they felt the need to ask!!!!! Needless to say, I did not get a job offer here, but that is perfectly fine. I would not want to work for such an ignorant and unprofessional agency anyways!!!! DO NOT EVER WORK FOR THIS DISCRIMINATORY AGENCY!!!! (From what I read from all the other postings, it looks like they have a reputation of doing this with their current employees too!!!!)

Interview Questions

• "Do you think you could keep up with everybody?" This was a question they asked me right out, without even any shame!!!!! (Being someone who is clearly in an older age group, I found this extremely offensive!!!!) They should have just basically come right out and asked me by the way, you old fogie, how old are you and can I make my hiring decision on you clearly being too old?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (East Hartford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

I contacted them personally by E-mail. Then I followed up on it by calling the recruiter. She asked me to meet her at the place I would be interning at. Once there, they just asked me why I would like to intern there. Since I was only an intern, they did not ask me a whole lot of questions. Then, I had to do a check at the doctor and they conducted a background check. We also had one and a half day full of presentations after I passed the screening process.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by my supervisor, and then interviewed by them, and also their supervisor. I was asked questions according to the curriculum, and if I grasped the concept of it.

Interview Questions

• How do you relieve stress after a long day of work?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Village for Families & Children (Hartford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

The verbal interview went smoothly. I was treated with respect and asked relevant questions. The best part was the second round where I was asked to submit a writing sample. Knowing the quality of my work was something being taken into consideration other than my charisma was refreshing.