The Vitamin Shoppe Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Vitamin Shoppe Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Vitamin Shoppe

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Pensacola, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Apply Online, Then go into store dressed professionally to introduce yourself in person and let them know you applied online and are very interested. They will set up an in person interview with Assistant Manager or Manager first. The interview is all situational based questions, "Tell me about a time when...." If you make it past the first manager, then you may meet with another manager, and then finally the distract manager. The three step process is mainly for Management positions. Hourly associates can be hired by the store manager most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to resolve a problem for a difficult customer without handing the person off to your manager or involving your manager.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you had a deadline to meet but you missed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is not much room for negotiation due to the company going public and now being all about keeping payroll low and sales high to show good profits for the share holders. I would say 50 cents is about the most you could negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for The Vitamin Shoppe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied for the Assistant Store Manager position online and got a call a couple of months later. We talked on the phone of my past experience, and I was asked to resend her my resume. She called me back the next day to schedule an in person interview for the next day. When I got there I had to fill out a standard application. Then we went in the back and talked about myself and some past experiences. She told me briefly about the company. She was a nice woman, but she wanted to hire someone really experienced but extremely cheap... we never got into the price negoitiations. She seemed very unorganized (of course it was a new store).

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you and another colleague did not agree on what to do, but you went with it anyway? How was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when someone on your team did not meet your standards or gave problems?   Answer Question
    • Name me a time when you were dealt with a difficult situation or task?   Answer Question
    • What did you do at your past work, describe the duties and responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • What would one of your supervisor’s say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Atlanta, GA) in January 2010.

Interview

In the breakroom. They focus on training and developing employees. Questions based on Situation, Task, Action, Result format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you learned something new.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to have a difficult or uncomfortable conversation.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone screen, 2 interviews with store management and 1 interview with a district manager. You may be asked to do some travelling for the interviews, but generally no more than 10 miles difference. Interview strategies vary by manager, some use scripted questions, others treat it as a casual conversation. Interviews are 1-on-1 and the process can take up to 2 month because of the number of interviews and the availability of management. Interview questions look for personal experiences and general rhetoric is not enough for a sufficient answer. There is a small section of the interview that delves into product knowledge, but candidates without product knowledge should not be put off by this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • You are alone in the store, you are currently helping a customer that will require at least 10 more minutes of your time. You also have a customer at the register waiting to check out, the phone is ringing and there is shipment to be put away. How do you prioritize your tasks?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process comes pre-scripted for the interviewer to read aloud to the interviewee.Questions such as: Tell me about time you motivated a friend or co-worker. Tell me about a time you reached a goal. Tell me about a time you failed to reach a goal and why.

Interview Questions

• What's the last article you read on health or wellness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took around 3 weeks. Interviewed 3 times.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

you have to apply online. if the store is hiring they will see your application online and give you a call to set up a phone interview. if they like you, you will get called in to interview with the store manager. if the store manager likes you, you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• how can you motivate someone   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more than i was offered and they made a counter offer that i accepted. my advice would be not to take the first offer. they will always offer you something low.

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Woburn, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Very structured, very poorly put together at that. Long drawn out process as well. Most managers are socially awkward at this job, so be prepared for silence and a lot of "uhhh"

Interview Questions

• Not a hard interview at all, all basic "what have you done in the past"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one, they try to swindle you with not discussing pay on all levels

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Vitamin Shoppe has a two step interview process. First interview was with the Store Manager, asking relative questions based on past experience in management situations. For example, how would you handle an upset customer? What steps would you take to coach an associate who is having a bad attitude? What were your previous job managerial responsibilities?

The second interview was with the district manager. The questions were all similar. Basically, they wanted to know if i was ready to go into the position or if extra training was needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two staff that bump heads, and what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The store manager made the offer over the phone, an attempt to negotiate was made but they did not budge on their offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

You will meet with store manager then district manager. They will give you scenarios asking for you to explain a time when you had to do a task, deal with difficult employee, discipline methods, etc. they want to see multiple skill sets. Be ready to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last health and wellness article you read.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will ask you aor an acceptable range and for this position it can go anywhere from 11-17 as of 2013.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

too many interviews and too much turnover right now. pay your employees a little more so they will be happy. i know its a choice to work there but its nice to know you matter

Interview Questions

• how do you handle unruly customers and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

i asked for an amount and i got it but i brought a lot of knowledge and retail experience