The Washington Center Program Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Washington Center

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Center (Washington, DC).

Interview

My interviewing experience here was the worst I have ever had with any organization. I made it through the initial interview, where I was interviewed by a panel of employees. That part of the process was fine. Then, I returned on a different day and met with two C-level executives for the next round. That was a nightmare. After answering the questions asked in regard to the position I applied to, I could tell it wasn't going well, but I wasn't sure why. About halfway through, one of them looked at me with a disgusted expression and asked how I could possibly do the job based on my answer, when the job required something entirely different - turned out she thought I was there for a different job. Her response made me extremely uncomfortable with the organization and gave me the sense that they were completely disorganized and disrespectful. They ended it with a - "we'll be in touch." I never heard from them again, even after I reached out by email twice to the HR contact to ask for the status (the job market wasn't great at the time). Not only did they interview me for the wrong position and behave in a disrespectful manner during the interview, but after I took the time to interview with them, they continued to be disrespectful by not taking the time to even send a rejection.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to be able to do the job if you don't do X?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Washington Center

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Center (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process consists of a panel interview with human resources staff and academic department staff including your future peers. Any interview with more than two or three people can be a little overwhelming but the staff is friendly and interesting to talk to making the interview a little less intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.

Program Advisor Interview

Interview

2 rounds of in person interviews after a phone interview

Program Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Washington Center in June 2008.

Interview

Had a large group interview for the first round. There were about 6-7 managers in the room when I expected the HR person to be the only person interviewing me. It was a little disorganized and they all took turns randomly asking me questions. The second interview I briefly met with a (clueless) VP and and the president of the organization. I had an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a low-end salary and I negotiated for a few thousand more. Definitely try to negotiate because raises are not much. If you start off with a low salary, you will stay low.