The Washington Post Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.1

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR. Following that I had a in person interview with the hiring manager. For the final interview, I met with the HM and the team.

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

From the moment I saw the posting, applied, got my first follow up email, first phone screen, single 4 hour interview and finally offer, it took three weeks!

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based interview and an Assessment test that's directly tied to the Job.   1 Answer

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was somewhat technical. I felt like things went well and got good feedback. I was told by my recruiter that they then wanted to bring me in for an in person interview, and a day later received a call from their recruitment staff which told me to be ready for an in person interview in two days and my recruiter would get back to me with the details. Then nothing. I made time for the agreed upon time while waiting for the details ... big mistake on my part. Then I get an email saying the in person has been canceled.

I get not moving forward with a candidate but do not schedule an interview and then cancel completely that is wholly unprofessional. I guess considering all that I am glad I am not working there but still a painfully unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what are some of the difficulties I ran into implementing Angular at an enterprise level.   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 interviews lasting for 6 weeks. First interview was a phone screen with the HR. Second interview was a technical phone interview with one of the Senior Engineers of the team. After these interviews, I was called for a 3 face-to-face interviews. The first interview was with the HR. Second interview was technical with the Hiring Manager. Third interview was with one of the Senior Engineers. The company got back with a response the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview:
      Phone: Difference between id and class, Explain Threads, Client side vs Server Side rendering
      Face-to-Face: Design an LRU (Least Recenty Used) Cache, Given an array [[1,2,3], [4,5,6],[7,8,9], rotate it to obtain the following result [[7,4,1], [8,5,2], [9,6,3]].   Answer Question

Advertising Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website. Had phone screen with recruiter and then set up in-person interview. Interviewers were 15 minutes late with no forewarning. In-person interview was panel style. Interviewers asked questions from a booklet. They didn't seem prepared. After in-person interview I never heard back from anyone in the company even after following up a few times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not demonstrate a technical skill well?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter which was stellar, really sold the position well to reel you in. Then met with the hiring manager who has zero personality. I knew several others at the Post and one in particular which was why I was interested to begin with.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me within a few hours of receiving my resume. The first test was to implement a small project and submit it to them. The task was straightforward and a good test of what an experienced iOS developer should be able to do in a few hours. I then had a phone screen and onsite interview. Both of these were very technical with experienced developers. I felt all of the questions were reasonable and did a good job of determining my skill level. Some of them were difficult and exposed gaps in my knowledge even though I've been developing iOS apps for quite a while. But they weren't "gotchas" designed to trick me and the interviewers were reasonable in their expectations. They told me they didn't expect me to know everything and the goal was to have me talk through the problems when I was unsure.

It was a professional and well done interview process from beginning to end. They moved incredibly quickly, from the recruiter immediately contacting me to getting an offer on the same day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe the different ways to do asynchronous operations.   Answer Question

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Did not pick up the phone the first time the HR rep called. Then he rescheduled. After that chatted with future supervisor over the phone once. Went into the old office once to meet with 2 people I would basically never work with. In all one of the easiest interview processes ever.

Interview Questions

• If I understood that people had to work hard and fast.   1 Answer

Editorial Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC).

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online, was called for a preliminary interview, and then moved to the next round for in-office interviews with a variety of editors. The process was smooth and editors were always quick to respond, providing thoughtful communication. It was a great experience.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

1) I submitted my resume (2) 2 days later received an email regarding an interview (3) had 1st interview on a Tuesday (4) 2nd interview that Friday and was offered the job before I left! (5) I ACCEPTED....BOOM!!!!