The World Bank Extended Term Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Extended Term Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

Extended Term Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Was shortlisted for a consultant position. Could choose phone, skype or in-person interview - I had the latter, with a three-member panel. Very pleasant experience, lasted less than an hour, lots of behavioral type questions, and the usual questions regarding past experience and interests.

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied by knowing someone emailed my resume, got called for interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

sector team members and manger are present during the interview. questions are asked by all the members in the panel. some are general and some are sector specific or the field which you are applying. scenario analysis could be asked as well in your particular field. past experience rather than any theoretical readings would help for the interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are right candidate for this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

A panel interview. Asked me the usual technical questions. One interviewer kept averting his eyes and repeated the same questions three times...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really... Was told I should be grateful to get offer. There were hundreds lining up to accept the job.

Extended Term Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The World Bank in May 2011.

Interview

I was emailed to have an interview about 2 weeks after the application. There were two interviewers (one was the direct of the branch and the other was the direct boss of the successful applicant). They asked more on projects I participated (They seemed to try to find the relevance of my previous experience to their projects) rather than the general questions on me.

Interview Questions

• Explain the relevance of your working experience to our projects   Answer Question