The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

STC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

The interview process is completely dependent on the personality of the person with whom you interview. Sometimes they already know who they want to hire, but need to interview a minimum of three people to move forward, which leads to dishonesty.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I met with a team of five who sit on my interview panel. The interview started with a brief introduction of the work they are doing, and then they asked me to introduce myself, followed by a combination of behavioral questions and asking about my research experiences and knowledge. Very friendly and engaging environment.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Bank and our team's work?   Answer Question
    • How do you typically manage your research tasks if they are overwhelming?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

After an online application I was called for one phone interview with two interviewers. They asked about my skills and tested language skills with questions that were not obvious. Got an offer a couple of weeks after said interview.

Interview Questions

• A hypothetical case in the foreign language I had noted on my resume   1 Answer

STC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal and friendly. It was a phone interview by the hiring manager. The interview team was late by about 30 minutes but they apologized for it. Overall a friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• what are your previous experience relating to the job? How would you apply your experience in this setting? Mention some of the challenges you've had in the field and how you were able to overcome them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

on-site interview with behavior questions. nice manager, advise reading WB website, team task, recent enforcement, explain academic steps and all previous internships in a way related to the current role.

Short-term Consultant (STC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Telephone, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The professor introduced the job first and asked me about the period of availability. Then, the professor directly discussed technical issues, such as sample selection, econometric models, implication. he was very kind and the questions were difficult but insightful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Interview

Asked me a lot of questions, confirmed with my schedule and stuff.
    I thought that they really wanted to hire me, I even gave suggestions. They never replied. Such a waste of time and emotion.

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

First phone interview then followed by onsite test ( finance, excel, VBA) finally in person in a panel (~4 people ) interview. The over all experience was very good, they ask fair and straight forward question. Make sure you review the website of the group you're interviewing for

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

It was a phone interview for the first round. very structured questions, easy to prepare. questions targetted on core competencies and qualification of the job descriptions. Not much out of surprise, overall positive experience.

Assistant to Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was referred to the ED's office based off of an internal referral. My interview was conducted by the ED and senior staff. They tested my economics knowledge and organization skills

Interview Questions

• How many languages do you speak and how fluent are you in each.   Answer Question