The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Interview

Asked me a lot of questions, confirmed with my schedule and stuff.
    I thought that they really wanted to hire me, I even gave suggestions. They never replied. Such a waste of time and emotion.

Communications Officer Interview

Interview

Contacted via email to write a written exam. This was a 2-hour exam. I was given very clear and specific instructions. It was a very good experience. The interviewer's emails were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write an event plan and how I would promote the event.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I referraled by their employee. after two weeks, I was assigned to do a data analysis test in two days. After that I recieve a phone call mainly talk about my resume and experience.

Short-term Consultant (STC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Washing, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Mount Washing, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted about two weeks after to come for an interview. The interview went well in my opinion. I was interviewing for a Communications role so I was asked to write a test online too. That part was a bit difficult for me.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation in any of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Disaster Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview started half an hour later than the time I was given. However, it took place in a very nice and casual environment. The interview panel consisted of 5 experts from the field who asked multiple questions, ranging from very generic like self introduction and good attributed of the candidate to some average technical and field related questions. The technical questions were not very detailed though, rather it felt more like a school based viva voce questions. Overall, the topic wasn't touched from experience point of view but more like definitions and steps etc. The panel was friendly and welcoming though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with any of your colleagues? And how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank in September 2016.

Interview

Offered video conference call interview after a month I submitted online application through website vacancy posting. The overall interview took about 40 minutes, and the interview was held with six panels includes project director and head economist. They were all very kind and extremely patient during the interview. Overall very good experience thought I did not get the offer

Interview Questions

• Give me an specific example how you dealt with intensively busy environment   Answer Question
    • Give me an example how you dealt with multiple stakeholders and interest groups when there were conflicting idea   Answer Question
    • Questions about specific skills that were described on the job requirement posting   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got an email after a month I applied through world bank website. The interview was video chat with the group of five people including supervisor, chief economist of the international operation. It took about 30 minutes for the whole interview. They were extremely nice and tried to help me relax and prepare for the answers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example that you had to deal with different interest groups   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

I had applied for a couple of jobs online but only was able to be interviewed because of a referal. It was a panel of 5 people, all women, some of them spoke spanish, but the interview was in english. The location was in the dc offices.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my expirience and asked what was the most difficult thing of hiring people and If I knew how to use excel   Answer Question

Transport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Go the organization website and then look through and find the somewhat right and right job that matches your qualification. Then if you are shortlisted you will receive and email or call after 2 months from the application time. then it is a three phased with number one: resume screening and the selection the first phase. Number two: Shortlisted for second phase. number three: panel Interview and finally number four: Senior manager interviews

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the JOB?   1 Answer

Young Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Long process. First round applications were due in July 2015, second round (recommendation letters) in July 2015, interview in December 2015, final results in March 2016. Full day interview -- 1.5 hour panel interview and 4 hour group case exercise. Panel interview had a combination of technical questions and behavioral questions. Technical questions were both from my area of expertise and outside my expertise. I passed the interview but was not offered a position due to hiring needs mismatch.

Interview Questions

• Had a combination of technical questions and behavioral questions   1 Answer