The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I das interviewed by a panel of 4 economists. They asked why I wanted the job and why they should hire me. Then asked about my research and some type of econometrics/inference/validity. A couple of HR questions and whether I had questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your research? How would you develop a presentation on theme X?   1 Answer

Energy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

applied online. panel of four. great experience but very bad souvenirs. questions were very basic on world energy trends and challenges with a focus on African context . the panel was interested in readiness to my travel frequently

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

on-site interview with behavior questions. nice manager, advise reading WB website, team task, recent enforcement, explain academic steps and all previous internships in a way related to the current role.

Short-term Consultant (STC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Telephone, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The professor introduced the job first and asked me about the period of availability. Then, the professor directly discussed technical issues, such as sample selection, econometric models, implication. he was very kind and the questions were difficult but insightful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Interview

Asked me a lot of questions, confirmed with my schedule and stuff.
    I thought that they really wanted to hire me, I even gave suggestions. They never replied. Such a waste of time and emotion.

Communications Officer Interview

Interview

Contacted via email to write a written exam. This was a 2-hour exam. I was given very clear and specific instructions. It was a very good experience. The interviewer's emails were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write an event plan and how I would promote the event.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I referraled by their employee. after two weeks, I was assigned to do a data analysis test in two days. After that I recieve a phone call mainly talk about my resume and experience.

Young Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

group interview with 8 people. If you can express yourself clearly and respect others' opinion, and you show the ability to convince people, you have a bigger chance. Next step would be the shortlist, you will be selected out of the shortlist, so passing the interview is not enough.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important merits you need if you are working in an African country   Answer Question

Short-term Consultant (STC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Washing, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Mount Washing, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted about two weeks after to come for an interview. The interview went well in my opinion. I was interviewing for a Communications role so I was asked to write a test online too. That part was a bit difficult for me.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation in any of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Disaster Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview started half an hour later than the time I was given. However, it took place in a very nice and casual environment. The interview panel consisted of 5 experts from the field who asked multiple questions, ranging from very generic like self introduction and good attributed of the candidate to some average technical and field related questions. The technical questions were not very detailed though, rather it felt more like a school based viva voce questions. Overall, the topic wasn't touched from experience point of view but more like definitions and steps etc. The panel was friendly and welcoming though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with any of your colleagues? And how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question