The World Bank Business Management Officer (Dupont Office) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Business Management Officer (Dupont Office) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Business Management Officer (Dupont Office) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was contacted two months after I submitted my application online. The whole process was rather strange. I was asked to come in for an interview 2 days after I got the email from the secretary but I couldn't make it with such short notice. We set up a meeting and then it got cancelled for another week. I went back and looked at the job description and saw something about an "internal candidate" already being identified but that it was still a competitive position. I shouldn't have wasted my time. When I got to the building, there was no one to walk me to the interview room. It was strange that a visitor had to wander around on their own. Seemed unprofessional. While I waited, the team gathered outside of the room while waiting for some people to leave. I got up and tried to make eye contact so that I can introduce myself but no one looked up. When we all got in the room, it was an awkward moment of silence. It was a panel of 5 people. Long story short, I guess I did well enough for them to invite me to meet with the director the following week. The same thing happened when I got to the building; I was walking around on my own as a visitor. I passed by the director's secretary who was not very nice. When I sat down and interviewed with the director, she seemed standoffish. She hardly cracked a smile; had a poker face. She also questioned my job duration. I am a young person in their 30's. She seemed to want to make me feel bad for having a few jobs here and there. She had been at the World Bank for 20 years straight. While I gave her my answers, she wrote down her reviews and tried to cover them as if I was going to read upside down. LOL. She didn't seem to listen well either. She asked me for 2 examples of something and then said she was waiting for my 3rd example. She also tried to incorrectly correct me on a financial answer and I just let it go by saying I couldn't hear her well. I was so glad it was over. I don't think she took the time to review my resume prior to our meeting. I also had a feeling that they already had someone internally and were only interviewing to meet HR's compliance. I feel bad for other candidates who thought they even had a chance. It was the weirdest interview ever.

Interview Questions