The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The World Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

A panel of five interviewed the candidate. Already worked with these people as a consultant before. A friendly interview with a few tough questions (mostly analytical questions), and they expect to see your thought process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions of why you think you are the perfect candidate. Overall, quite relaxed.   Answer Question

Short-term Consultant (STC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Washing, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Mount Washing, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted about two weeks after to come for an interview. The interview went well in my opinion. I was interviewing for a Communications role so I was asked to write a test online too. That part was a bit difficult for me.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation in any of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Disaster Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview started half an hour later than the time I was given. However, it took place in a very nice and casual environment. The interview panel consisted of 5 experts from the field who asked multiple questions, ranging from very generic like self introduction and good attributed of the candidate to some average technical and field related questions. The technical questions were not very detailed though, rather it felt more like a school based viva voce questions. Overall, the topic wasn't touched from experience point of view but more like definitions and steps etc. The panel was friendly and welcoming though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with any of your colleagues? And how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

depending on the department that you are interviewing. mine was pretty relax. they normally use the form of panel interview instead of one on one interview. My overall experience is very good and in a short period of time they notified me.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank in September 2016.

Interview

Offered video conference call interview after a month I submitted online application through website vacancy posting. The overall interview took about 40 minutes, and the interview was held with six panels includes project director and head economist. They were all very kind and extremely patient during the interview. Overall very good experience thought I did not get the offer

Interview Questions

• Give me an specific example how you dealt with intensively busy environment   Answer Question
    • Give me an example how you dealt with multiple stakeholders and interest groups when there were conflicting idea   Answer Question
    • Questions about specific skills that were described on the job requirement posting   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got an email after a month I applied through world bank website. The interview was video chat with the group of five people including supervisor, chief economist of the international operation. It took about 30 minutes for the whole interview. They were extremely nice and tried to help me relax and prepare for the answers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example that you had to deal with different interest groups   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

the process lasts about seven months. after screening, started with phone interview, video conference (twice), interview by managers panel, interview with hiring director. questions came from different managers each from specific domain. general IT, networking, IT strategy, disaster recovery strategies, processes, technologies, replication technologies, business continuity cycle knowledge

Interview Questions

• general questions, and job related experience questions, soft skills questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very good process and done in Skype.
    Questions were asked based on my experience and specific to the technology needed.
    Some analytical questions were asked and also data architect questions were asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

I had applied for a couple of jobs online but only was able to be interviewed because of a referal. It was a panel of 5 people, all women, some of them spoke spanish, but the interview was in english. The location was in the dc offices.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my expirience and asked what was the most difficult thing of hiring people and If I knew how to use excel   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, and asked a range of behavior-related questions as well as questions on the specific subject matter related to the job. The emphasis was obviously on professional experiences and skills rather than educational background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good.