The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2017

Tech Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The World Bank (India, MS) in July 2017.

Interview

initial screening, first round of technical interview followed by 2 rounds of technical interviews by senior tech managers. and got selected. they sent offer letter and i joined he client place at Chennai location India

Short-term Consultant (STC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Telephone, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The professor introduced the job first and asked me about the period of availability. Then, the professor directly discussed technical issues, such as sample selection, econometric models, implication. he was very kind and the questions were difficult but insightful.

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

First phone interview then followed by onsite test ( finance, excel, VBA) finally in person in a panel (~4 people ) interview. The over all experience was very good, they ask fair and straight forward question. Make sure you review the website of the group you're interviewing for

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Interview

Asked me a lot of questions, confirmed with my schedule and stuff.
    I thought that they really wanted to hire me, I even gave suggestions. They never replied. Such a waste of time and emotion.

Assistant to Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was referred to the ED's office based off of an internal referral. My interview was conducted by the ED and senior staff. They tested my economics knowledge and organization skills

Interview Questions

• How many languages do you speak and how fluent are you in each.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

It was a phone interview for the first round. very structured questions, easy to prepare. questions targetted on core competencies and qualification of the job descriptions. Not much out of surprise, overall positive experience.

IT Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

HR is not involved at all in the scheduling or interview process. Panel interview for an hour, grilling, mostly all on scenarios. Nobody tells you where you are in the interview process, you just know as you progress through various levels. After pane interview, manager interview and then director interviews. All general questions. However I was deceived by the questions they asked. It wasn't too pertaining to my job role- which I realized only after being on the job.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based- projects, programs and in general how do you tackle with teams.   Answer Question

Communications Officer Interview

Interview

Contacted via email to write a written exam. This was a 2-hour exam. I was given very clear and specific instructions. It was a very good experience. The interviewer's emails were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write an event plan and how I would promote the event.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief process, but with a good amount of questions and assessments designed to examine the fit for this particular role. Some good vetting of previous experiences and accuracy of information provided in application. Interviewer appreciated availability, motivation and use of real, not cliched reasons to work for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working for a different multilateral institution   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I referraled by their employee. after two weeks, I was assigned to do a data analysis test in two days. After that I recieve a phone call mainly talk about my resume and experience.