The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, and asked a range of behavior-related questions as well as questions on the specific subject matter related to the job. The emphasis was obviously on professional experiences and skills rather than educational background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Through an alum. quite casual chat. The alum came to school to recruit interns, because it is unpaid, they won't care too much. They are interested in candidates with both qualitative and quantitative skills.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview is interactive and dynamic. The program leader offered very detailed introduction of job content, honest about both the challenging and tedious part of the work.I was asked to introduce myself at the beginning and to describe the fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can deal with the tedious part of the job?   1 Answer

Short-term Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was surprisingly friendly. general background questions as well as personal strengths and weaknesses were enquired. I believe this can vary enormously depending on the department as it is a huge institution.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Very slow application processing (6+ months this round) but once short-listed, process was smoother. HR + various professionals conducted panel interview. First 3 position choices I've applied to about almost 2 years ago through online portal did not return any invites for interview. Referral by employee got me in.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with some technical ones like what is my process of prioritizing various data sources...didn't touch on CV much. There were a couple of questions about Econ models which I think I botched.   Answer Question

Transport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Go the organization website and then look through and find the somewhat right and right job that matches your qualification. Then if you are shortlisted you will receive and email or call after 2 months from the application time. then it is a three phased with number one: resume screening and the selection the first phase. Number two: Shortlisted for second phase. number three: panel Interview and finally number four: Senior manager interviews

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the JOB?   1 Answer

Short Term Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

A friend mentioned that an STC was available within one unit. I emailed that person asking for more information. I first met with the unit's TTL for the informational interview at WB headquarters. Then I moved on to interview with the unit manager which was very much an informal conversation. I was offered the position two days later. The whole process took approximately 1.5 weeks.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank in January 2016.

Interview

Great smooth process. Very personable and comfortable interviewer. Process was normal and as I expected. I would recommend this company to a friend. Great Washington DC location close to transportation.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through the world bank application portal. It took about two months to get notified that I was long-listed for the panel interview. The panel interview is quite rigorous with representatives from the home practice, HR and other stakeholders. The panel interview was followed by a writing test on a recent economic topic. After another month, I was notified that I was short-listed for an interview with the Practice Manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you cross check data between different sources?   2 Answers

Young Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Long process. First round applications were due in July 2015, second round (recommendation letters) in July 2015, interview in December 2015, final results in March 2016. Full day interview -- 1.5 hour panel interview and 4 hour group case exercise. Panel interview had a combination of technical questions and behavioral questions. Technical questions were both from my area of expertise and outside my expertise. I passed the interview but was not offered a position due to hiring needs mismatch.

Interview Questions

• Had a combination of technical questions and behavioral questions   1 Answer