The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2017

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got an email after a month I applied through world bank website. The interview was video chat with the group of five people including supervisor, chief economist of the international operation. It took about 30 minutes for the whole interview. They were extremely nice and tried to help me relax and prepare for the answers.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example that you had to deal with different interest groups   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

the process lasts about seven months. after screening, started with phone interview, video conference (twice), interview by managers panel, interview with hiring director. questions came from different managers each from specific domain. general IT, networking, IT strategy, disaster recovery strategies, processes, technologies, replication technologies, business continuity cycle knowledge

Interview Questions

• general questions, and job related experience questions, soft skills questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very good process and done in Skype.
    Questions were asked based on my experience and specific to the technology needed.
    Some analytical questions were asked and also data architect questions were asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

I had applied for a couple of jobs online but only was able to be interviewed because of a referal. It was a panel of 5 people, all women, some of them spoke spanish, but the interview was in english. The location was in the dc offices.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my expirience and asked what was the most difficult thing of hiring people and If I knew how to use excel   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, and asked a range of behavior-related questions as well as questions on the specific subject matter related to the job. The emphasis was obviously on professional experiences and skills rather than educational background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Through an alum. quite casual chat. The alum came to school to recruit interns, because it is unpaid, they won't care too much. They are interested in candidates with both qualitative and quantitative skills.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview is interactive and dynamic. The program leader offered very detailed introduction of job content, honest about both the challenging and tedious part of the work.I was asked to introduce myself at the beginning and to describe the fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can deal with the tedious part of the job?   1 Answer

Short-term Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was surprisingly friendly. general background questions as well as personal strengths and weaknesses were enquired. I believe this can vary enormously depending on the department as it is a huge institution.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Very slow application processing (6+ months this round) but once short-listed, process was smoother. HR + various professionals conducted panel interview. First 3 position choices I've applied to about almost 2 years ago through online portal did not return any invites for interview. Referral by employee got me in.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with some technical ones like what is my process of prioritizing various data sources...didn't touch on CV much. There were a couple of questions about Econ models which I think I botched.   Answer Question

Transport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Go the organization website and then look through and find the somewhat right and right job that matches your qualification. Then if you are shortlisted you will receive and email or call after 2 months from the application time. then it is a three phased with number one: resume screening and the selection the first phase. Number two: Shortlisted for second phase. number three: panel Interview and finally number four: Senior manager interviews

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the JOB?   1 Answer