The World Bank Program Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The job seeker is usually called a week before to schedule interview. Once agreed on date and time, you just go to the office. 2 or 3 interviewers + one HR person+ Legal counsel

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict situation and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview is interactive and dynamic. The program leader offered very detailed introduction of job content, honest about both the challenging and tedious part of the work.I was asked to introduce myself at the beginning and to describe the fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can deal with the tedious part of the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

For my position, I went through a panel interview and that was followed by a telephone conversation with the manager.

I was invited to interview about 5 weeks after the application deadline and the interview took place the same week.

I heard back from them about 2 weeks later with the phone call from the manager and about 1 day later with a job offer. They checked my references around the same time as my telephone conversation with the manager.

Scheduling the initial panel interview was a little bit disorganized as they asked me to reschedule twice.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your ability to work with others in a team?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to deal with an ongoing conflict.   Answer Question
    • What is your knowledge of the World Bank?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do your research on their salaries as there will be variations depending on your nationality. If you know anyone who works there, ask about the salary process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was about 25 minutes long. There were 8 interviewers that made me even more nervous. They asked specific questions about that position to ensure you know how to do the job.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

Occasionally, the World Bank conducts testing before interviews. This is great if you think your talents fit the job moreso than your resume. I got a chance to prove myself before being interviewed.

Be patient with them during the background check and offer process. It's a big bureaucracy, and this part takes time.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to speak any foreign language you list on your resume. World Bankers are largely polyglot--there will be someone there who can put you on the spot and engage you in 2 or 3 languages.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

online application, 2 interviews and both in person. After the interview, wrote a skills test and after the skills test, a background check was done.

The whole process took almost 2 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview is conducted with a recrutiment officer. If selected for further assessment you will be asked to take an exam to test your language, technology, and other skills. You are put through timed exams that test everything including any second language you may claim to speak.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on processes for Access DB and SQL for management of a database. I had to give them a menu path without being able to demonstrate it on a computer. This was during a panel interview which was even harder.   Answer Question

Had a better offer from another organization

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Senegal (Panama)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Senegal (Panama)).

Interview

takes 4 months, invited for written tests 2 months after application, panel interview 1 month later, phone interview with manager another month later. during the panel interview he recruiters were very cold, no smile no emotion could appear on their face, I was frightened

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The World Bank in February 2012.

Interview

It took 4 months to be contacted for the interview after submitting the application. The recruiter firstly asked me about my educational-computer background (Team Leader of the computer group) then the Group/Panel Interview of 4 in a conference room at their floor, asking structured questions, why do you want this job? How can you contribute? What would do if...? etc etc. 2Hr Interview. The culture is great, people are friendly and laid back.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. Mostly questions about previous experience & management.   Answer Question
    • Let's say you have a team member and you are working on the same project. The other team member failed to finish her part of the work on time. what would you do?   Answer Question