The World Bank Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

3.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Submitted application materials to current analysts who were organizing the hiring process. The process was completely done via Bank employee networks. After the process was over, I asked about finding out about open positions later (e.g. where could I find them online), and the current analyst told me that positions for there group are never posted online, so you just have to be in the right circles to be alerted to the openings.

When going in for my interview, the analysts cleared me for the wrong day with the front desk, so I was approx. 20 minutes late for the interview. When I subsequently went in for the interview, the hiring economists were visibly annoyed with me even after the analyst explained the miscommunication. The interview was rushed, and the economists continued to do work on their laptops during the interview. Also, the analysts kept offering me cookies during the interview, which was a lot more uncomfortable than it sounds.

All in all, probably the strangest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What is an economic measure that you look at in your current job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of 3. Two economists, one research analyst. They asked mainly about my CV and then some behavioral questions. The people were really friendly. They don't pressure you nor give you hard time. Prepare to answer common questions like "Tell me about you", "tell one difficulty you met and how you solved it". Also, prepare to brief any paper you have on your CV. Mine interview wasn't technical probably because I worked as an research assistant before. Definitely prepare more examples from your similar working experience cause they are going to be really interested in it.

Interview Questions

• If 5 people knock on your door and ask you to do things for them, all urgent, what would you do? If you received multiple tasks and you knew you couldn't finish all of them on time, what would you do?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

3 weeks from applying to getting an interview

Interview Questions

• They were all as expected. Sometimes abrasive but nothing too harsh.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The World Bank in November 2013.

Interview

For a research analyst position, usually the interview panel includes about four to five people. Usually the manager, who the research analyst won't be in the second round of interviews (after screening). Questions cover the ‘responsibilities“ part of the terms of reference, and should be very professional. Usually the person whose profile fits the best will get most "yay"s. However, courtesy is very very important. Please remember to send a thank you letter.

Interview Questions

• technical question relevant to the requirement of the job; team work (how did you resolve conflicts with your team members)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was an interviewer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Standard questions about behavior. It was a video conference based process. Standard questions and answers part after a brief self summary occured. The questions were both in eng amd my native language.

Interview Questions

• If more then one directors give you tasks with same deadline amd you figure out that it is impossible to finish the jobs at time, what would you do?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in December 2013.

Interview

Met with the Task Team Leader of the government project established in the region who later became my supervisor. The interview was more an elaboration on project details, area of specialization, working culture, expectations and requirements. Less time was spent around my background and experience - the resume was deemed sufficient. I was asked to write and submit my Terms of Reference for the position I wanted justifying why I was interested and what made me qualified. I stated my interest in leading multiple programs within the project but was limited to 2 for which I was grateful later on as program responsibilities were significant and required a lot of work that fell out of the scope of the project.

Relationship management is definitely key to this job.