The World Bank Short Term Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Short Term Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

It was for a remote research position, so I interviewed over Skype. It was a short interview--my supervisor just wanted to hear a bit about why I was interested in the position and why I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research project (my graduate thesis).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was surprisingly friendly. general background questions as well as personal strengths and weaknesses were enquired. I believe this can vary enormously depending on the department as it is a huge institution.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

A friend mentioned that an STC was available within one unit. I emailed that person asking for more information. I first met with the unit's TTL for the informational interview at WB headquarters. Then I moved on to interview with the unit manager which was very much an informal conversation. I was offered the position two days later. The whole process took approximately 1.5 weeks.

Short Term Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

The interview process included one phone interview, two in-person interviews, and an offer received within 2 weeks. There was some negotiation involved in salary but eventually a desirable offer was made and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some back and forth negotiation on salary and start date.

Anonymous Employee in Minn City, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The World Bank (Minn City, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a difficult interview, questions about Stata, modelling, developing models for very specific things such as unmet need for contraception, hopsital performance, effective coverage,universal health coverage, financing, knoledge transfer and knowledge sharing

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

3 Interviews of about 30 minutes each, one of they was with two individuals. Interview was mostly on background and past consulting experience. Review of academic and educational credentials. Focus was on similarity of project under consideration to past projects completed. The rest were fit questions. Nothing out of the ordinary ( except having to go thought metal detectors to get into the building).

Interview Questions

• Describe how your past experiences would allow you to make the right qualitative decisions based on the data generated?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, a take it or leave it offer ( had to do with their budget for the project)

Short Term Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process began with an internship offer. You had to submit your CV and cover letter. Then they would invite you to an Videoconference interview. Questions were asked on your motivation for the position. The interviewers were relaxed and nice.

Short Term Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Slow. Black box with no feedback along the way. Leaves the interviewee feeling completely undervalued, as the institution's view is that candidate's will wait and conform to their timeline if they really want to work there. Unclear who the decision makers are. Apparently has gotten worse with hiring freezes and eternal reorg.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in working for PFM team in developing countries.   Answer Question

Short Term Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank in June 2015.

Interview

I have contacted directly the team I wanted to work with. The panel interview took place some time later over the phone. The only problem was a poor connection. The interviewers, however, were friendly and have repeated questions where necessary. After they asked me to briefly introduce myself, they started asking technical questions regarding my field of expertise. The discussion lasted around 20 minutes. In the end I asked my questions and we talked about when do I want to start. After that I waited for less than a month to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the "tell about yourself" question, all the rest were technical questions, including some "what would you recommend for a country X"cases.   Answer Question

Short Term Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank in January 2014.

Interview

I was applied online, and did not get any answer for 5 months. Then, I was emailed in January 2014 by one of the World Bank staffs from Washington DC to have a phone call interview. He also gave me the Scope of Work of my position for my perusal. He told me that the contract was only for 25 days. The interview was conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions

• I probed all information concerning the World Bank's work and background, as well as the project's background. However, I never expected that he only wanted to know about my work history deeper. Nevertheless, the interviewer is a very nice person and not intimidating at all.   Answer Question