The World Bank Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I met with a team of five who sit on my interview panel. The interview started with a brief introduction of the work they are doing, and then they asked me to introduce myself, followed by a combination of behavioral questions and asking about my research experiences and knowledge. Very friendly and engaging environment.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Bank and our team's work?   Answer Question
    • How do you typically manage your research tasks if they are overwhelming?   Answer Question

STC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was normal and friendly. It was a phone interview by the hiring manager. The interview team was late by about 30 minutes but they apologized for it. Overall a friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• what are your previous experience relating to the job? How would you apply your experience in this setting? Mention some of the challenges you've had in the field and how you were able to overcome them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Interview

Asked me a lot of questions, confirmed with my schedule and stuff.
    I thought that they really wanted to hire me, I even gave suggestions. They never replied. Such a waste of time and emotion.

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

First phone interview then followed by onsite test ( finance, excel, VBA) finally in person in a panel (~4 people ) interview. The over all experience was very good, they ask fair and straight forward question. Make sure you review the website of the group you're interviewing for

Assistant to Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was referred to the ED's office based off of an internal referral. My interview was conducted by the ED and senior staff. They tested my economics knowledge and organization skills

Interview Questions

• How many languages do you speak and how fluent are you in each.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief process, but with a good amount of questions and assessments designed to examine the fit for this particular role. Some good vetting of previous experiences and accuracy of information provided in application. Interviewer appreciated availability, motivation and use of real, not cliched reasons to work for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working for a different multilateral institution   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I referraled by their employee. after two weeks, I was assigned to do a data analysis test in two days. After that I recieve a phone call mainly talk about my resume and experience.

Short-term Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

It was for a remote research position, so I interviewed over Skype. It was a short interview--my supervisor just wanted to hear a bit about why I was interested in the position and why I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research project (my graduate thesis).   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The job seeker is usually called a week before to schedule interview. Once agreed on date and time, you just go to the office. 2 or 3 interviewers + one HR person+ Legal counsel

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict situation and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Disaster Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview started half an hour later than the time I was given. However, it took place in a very nice and casual environment. The interview panel consisted of 5 experts from the field who asked multiple questions, ranging from very generic like self introduction and good attributed of the candidate to some average technical and field related questions. The technical questions were not very detailed though, rather it felt more like a school based viva voce questions. Overall, the topic wasn't touched from experience point of view but more like definitions and steps etc. The panel was friendly and welcoming though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with any of your colleagues? And how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question