The World Bank Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

The World Bank Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Assistant to Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was referred to the ED's office based off of an internal referral. My interview was conducted by the ED and senior staff. They tested my economics knowledge and organization skills

Interview Questions

• How many languages do you speak and how fluent are you in each.   Answer Question

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

First phone interview then followed by onsite test ( finance, excel, VBA) finally in person in a panel (~4 people ) interview. The over all experience was very good, they ask fair and straight forward question. Make sure you review the website of the group you're interviewing for

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief process, but with a good amount of questions and assessments designed to examine the fit for this particular role. Some good vetting of previous experiences and accuracy of information provided in application. Interviewer appreciated availability, motivation and use of real, not cliched reasons to work for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working for a different multilateral institution   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I referraled by their employee. after two weeks, I was assigned to do a data analysis test in two days. After that I recieve a phone call mainly talk about my resume and experience.

Short-term Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

It was for a remote research position, so I interviewed over Skype. It was a short interview--my supervisor just wanted to hear a bit about why I was interested in the position and why I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research project (my graduate thesis).   1 Answer

Disaster Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview started half an hour later than the time I was given. However, it took place in a very nice and casual environment. The interview panel consisted of 5 experts from the field who asked multiple questions, ranging from very generic like self introduction and good attributed of the candidate to some average technical and field related questions. The technical questions were not very detailed though, rather it felt more like a school based viva voce questions. Overall, the topic wasn't touched from experience point of view but more like definitions and steps etc. The panel was friendly and welcoming though.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with any of your colleagues? And how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly, and asked a range of behavior-related questions as well as questions on the specific subject matter related to the job. The emphasis was obviously on professional experiences and skills rather than educational background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview is interactive and dynamic. The program leader offered very detailed introduction of job content, honest about both the challenging and tedious part of the work.I was asked to introduce myself at the beginning and to describe the fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can deal with the tedious part of the job?   1 Answer

Transport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Go the organization website and then look through and find the somewhat right and right job that matches your qualification. Then if you are shortlisted you will receive and email or call after 2 months from the application time. then it is a three phased with number one: resume screening and the selection the first phase. Number two: Shortlisted for second phase. number three: panel Interview and finally number four: Senior manager interviews

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the JOB?   1 Answer

Short Term Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

A friend mentioned that an STC was available within one unit. I emailed that person asking for more information. I first met with the unit's TTL for the informational interview at WB headquarters. Then I moved on to interview with the unit manager which was very much an informal conversation. I was offered the position two days later. The whole process took approximately 1.5 weeks.