The World Bank Young Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The World Bank Young Professional Interview Questions

4.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Long process. First round applications were due in July 2015, second round (recommendation letters) in July 2015, interview in December 2015, final results in March 2016. Full day interview -- 1.5 hour panel interview and 4 hour group case exercise. Panel interview had a combination of technical questions and behavioral questions. Technical questions were both from my area of expertise and outside my expertise. I passed the interview but was not offered a position due to hiring needs mismatch.

Interview Questions

• Had a combination of technical questions and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The World Bank

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

To enter the YP program, you have to go through one of the most competitive job applications in the world. More than 10,000 apply, only around 30 get selected. The process is well conducted and organized. Somehow the process is able (most of the time, not always) to select great candidates with incredible intangibles that will make them successful later in life.

Interview Questions

• The are many tough questions on leadership, how to reduce poverty, and your capacity to work in a diverse environmment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

The first round included an online application including a personal essay. Letters if recommendation were requested for the second round. The final round was an interview at Washington dc. It was a day long interview consisting of a technal panel interview and a team case study.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on my research paper   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

I was among the 800 selected over 10,000 applicants to provide additional info. After that, I was among the 196 who got interviewed (they paid for the travel) in Jan.. Interview took the whole day with one hour lunch break(no lunch or meals provided). Mostly with different groups of people for open discussion. Worked on the computer for a little while. After two months, I got notified that I was not selected. In Sep. I got a call from them asking me to be a contractor, I rejected the offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly related to being an economist. It did not match my background.   2 Answers