The Zappos Family Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview Questions

3.1

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Zappos Family in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process are a bit lengthy, but well worth it. It took me about a month to complete the hiring and interview process. They really do look for culture fits and look for people who align with company values.

Interview Questions

• What are two different ways you could use a brick besides as a door stop and to build a house.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was typical. Did a virtual interview at first, if your personality shines through you then do an assessment and schedule an interview when contacted. You then tour the Zappos facility with others and do a group interview and a 1on1 interview with someone in the HR department. The whole process was very quick and the experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Which Zappos core value do you agree with most?
      Why did you quit your last job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

What a unique process! Most companies have you send them a resume and then maybe an interview but Zappos wants to make sure you're a good fit with them.The first thing you'll see is the unique questions on the resume/submit interest form.Questions like: "what's you favorite song"and "if you could invite 2 people from any point in time, real or imaginary to dinner, who would it be any why" find their way on the form along with your more typical questions. Then you have an assessment test, a webcam interview, and , if all goes well, an in person interview! Even the interview has some unique questions as well to engage you personally. It was really refreshing to me to see a company engage their potential new hires rather than just having them sell themselves like a car. It takes longer to go through the hiring process than with other companies, so be prepared for that. Overall, a GREAT experience!

Interview Questions

• If a parade went by your desk and you were on a call with a customer, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online from a link on Facebook from a friends post. Quick online application then you get an e-mail about three different online applications to finish and complete. The first one was normal questions about history and what not with questions like "If you could bring 2 people from the past or present to lunch who would it be and why?" then the last part of the online application was a video interview where you are asked 4 questions and you are recorded to tell your answer.

Interview Questions

• Some of the online video questions were.
      Tell us about yourself.
      why are you interested in Zappos?
      what did you find out about us when you googled Zappos, and what is one of our CORE VALUES?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online(didn't becomes an insider). Took about a week until I was asked to take 3 assessments(call center simulation, knowledge assessment and personality assessment). Maybe a week and a half later I was asked to do a video interview with 4 questions. After that, maybe a few days, they asked to schedule a Skype interview with the recruiter and another manager. It took place yesterday (about 2 weeks later) and I was offered the position today...contingent upon a background check and employment verification.

Interview Questions

• We frequently have parades going on in the call center...if you had to start a parade what kind would it be and how would you get people to join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Lots of steps! Online application, video interview, math/comprehension test. Finally an in person interview! This took about 4 weeks total. Loved my recruiting team, they made me feel comfortable and we shared a lot of laughs. Didn't feel like an interview at all. Lots of questions that require quick thinking and a zappos.com navigation "test". Got an offer on the spot and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• If you could put together a parade, what would your theme be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long but very fun. It started out with the application then I had a online interview which was only 3 questions. From there I had a grammar and math test. Finally, I got a 1:1 interview. During the 1:1 interview I was very relaxed because the interviewers made it that way. They asked a lot of questions that I have never been asked during an interview. They made it very fun and it was more like a conversation than anything.

Interview Questions

• What is something weird that makes you happy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically put your information online. If you don't put Customer Loyalty Team as a choice, you will be waiting a long time for contact as that seems to be the real starting point.They have various "mixer" events while you wait where you can meet staff and they can meet you. Seems like a good idea, but if you start asking the "wrong" types of questions like "What do you think of the new managerial style Zappos has added?" You get evasive, nervous answers. I saw one "team member" actually look around to see who was nearby before giving a noncommittal answer. 1984? or KGB about?

If selected, you do an online song and dance with multiple testings of typing, grammar, and video interview. Very easy. Next you are asked to set up an interview, which in my case I had to email 3 times to get my recruiter to set a date. Interview day took about 5 hours as there were many, many candidates. Finally got a 2 on 1 interview with HR. Asked scenario and basic other questions. The people were nice, but seemed preprogrammed on what they wanted to hear.

Don't worry about your skills, education, background, experiences as none of it matters. They are more interested in who "fits" in their clubhouse. They ignore many wonderful people who would be a great asset to their company based on a short interview and opinion of the H.R. team. The pay offered is ridiculously low. ($11.00 an hour) but in fairness, you can increase it a tiny bit later on.

I liked Zappos. They seemed sincere, but lost in direction and focus on some very crucial aspects. They need to pay their people better, have better accountability, and get a more diverse work force rather than this overly narrow corporate culture. You need the strengths of both introverts and extroverts. Being (acting) upbeat all the time is not natural. Nothing is perfect and you should be able to state disagreements or flaws without fear of repercussions. I saw real fear in some of their employees if asked of real opinions. Read the other reviews to get an idea. The cracks are starting to show on this social experiment. Much like sustainability of Tony Hsieh's Downtown projects it will be interesting to see if this survives.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

They make you feel relaxed, and a lot of mizzions (missions). They really get to know you and they ask really off the wall interview questions, so you have to be ready and do your homework on the company. It is best to be you! Do not dress up for the final interview, if you make it that far.

Interview Questions

• What's your theme song and why? What makes you happy and why? What makes you laugh?   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

I signed up on the zappos website to be an "insider" and right away was contacted to come to a nice cream social at the zappos hq. I posted my resume and a video cover letter on the website and went to the party to network a bit. Within a week I had received 3 emails regarding positions that they were filling and process of interviews. I did a virtual interview, a skills test, grammar test, and typing test from home. I got an email the next morning to schedule an interview. I had 2 in person interviews. One with an hr rep, one with a clt recruiter / hiring mgr. I did a mock order and answered questions about my background and work history in the first, and answered creative culture based questions in the second. All in all it was a fun process and they respond quickly. I would 100% do it again and would encourage anyone to apply.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. Accept or they'll give the spot to one of the other 60 candidates