The Zappos Family Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview Questions

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Henderson, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

It takes a long time to go through the hiring process. In my experience I applied online, was contacted about two months later for a phone interview, then another phone interview, then flew to Nevada for a face-to face interview. Zappos as a company overall pays lower than their industry peers, but the customer service rep position actually pays a bit more than other similar call center jobs in Las Vegas. The interview process is fun because they take the pressure off. It's more like talking with friends, and they can ask some crazy questions. The biggest advice I would give would be to be yourself. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation. They give you a contract detailing the requirements of the job, the pay, and explaining how the different shifts work and how shift bids work every few months. Basically, your'e signing saying that you can work any time of day, on any give day - even Christmas.

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

The entire interview process took about 2 weeks. I submitted my application, next day received 4 emails for online test and virtual interview, went in for 8 question test, went in for face to face interview with 3 people and another online test.

Interview Questions

• If you could have lunch with to people who would they be and why?   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in June 2013.

Interview

Step one. Basic fill out job vite simple application (did NOT do video cover letter, actually had no cover letter at all)
    Step two. Fill out even more information about myself and add some wacky questions
    Step three. Take a typing test, needed 20wpm 85% accuracy aced that.
    Step four. Write a letter to Tony Hsieh and answer recorded 60 second video interview questions
    Step five. Typing skills test IN HOUSE
    Step six. Interview with recruiting manager
    Step seven. Interview with customer loyalty team hiring manager/human resources (not too sure)
    Step eight... If you make it that far, background check
    Step nine. TRAINING

very simple, IF you meet and know zappos culture and are willing to fulfill being a part of the active zappos body... If not, you aren't getting the job! (Zappos employees are like snowflakes) no two are alike.

Notes: dress yourself... NO SUIT AND TIE OR LITTLE BUSINESS WEAR.
    Be yourself and own it, don't be cocky because they don't like that
    If you aren't hired, don't be be bitter... It's like a relationship, if you weren't good for Zappos they probably weren't good for you either.

Interview Questions

• If you could throw a parade of any caliber through the Zappos office what type of parade would it be?   26 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations, you either want it or you don't

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

There was much back and forth through email, and the responses were within hours. I was asked questions that were more related to my life than my work history like what my favorite super hero is and why.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "Who is your favorite super hero and why?"   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

I signed up on the zappos website to be an "insider" and right away was contacted to come to a nice cream social at the zappos hq. I posted my resume and a video cover letter on the website and went to the party to network a bit. Within a week I had received 3 emails regarding positions that they were filling and process of interviews. I did a virtual interview, a skills test, grammar test, and typing test from home. I got an email the next morning to schedule an interview. I had 2 in person interviews. One with an hr rep, one with a clt recruiter / hiring mgr. I did a mock order and answered questions about my background and work history in the first, and answered creative culture based questions in the second. All in all it was a fun process and they respond quickly. I would 100% do it again and would encourage anyone to apply.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. Accept or they'll give the spot to one of the other 60 candidates

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

They make you feel relaxed, and a lot of mizzions (missions). They really get to know you and they ask really off the wall interview questions, so you have to be ready and do your homework on the company. It is best to be you! Do not dress up for the final interview, if you make it that far.

Interview Questions

• What's your theme song and why? What makes you happy and why? What makes you laugh?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically put your information online. If you don't put Customer Loyalty Team as a choice, you will be waiting a long time for contact as that seems to be the real starting point.They have various "mixer" events while you wait where you can meet staff and they can meet you. Seems like a good idea, but if you start asking the "wrong" types of questions like "What do you think of the new managerial style Zappos has added?" You get evasive, nervous answers. I saw one "team member" actually look around to see who was nearby before giving a noncommittal answer. 1984? or KGB about?

If selected, you do an online song and dance with multiple testings of typing, grammar, and video interview. Very easy. Next you are asked to set up an interview, which in my case I had to email 3 times to get my recruiter to set a date. Interview day took about 5 hours as there were many, many candidates. Finally got a 2 on 1 interview with HR. Asked scenario and basic other questions. The people were nice, but seemed preprogrammed on what they wanted to hear.

Don't worry about your skills, education, background, experiences as none of it matters. They are more interested in who "fits" in their clubhouse. They ignore many wonderful people who would be a great asset to their company based on a short interview and opinion of the H.R. team. The pay offered is ridiculously low. ($11.00 an hour) but in fairness, you can increase it a tiny bit later on.

I liked Zappos. They seemed sincere, but lost in direction and focus on some very crucial aspects. They need to pay their people better, have better accountability, and get a more diverse work force rather than this overly narrow corporate culture. You need the strengths of both introverts and extroverts. Being (acting) upbeat all the time is not natural. Nothing is perfect and you should be able to state disagreements or flaws without fear of repercussions. I saw real fear in some of their employees if asked of real opinions. Read the other reviews to get an idea. The cracks are starting to show on this social experiment. Much like sustainability of Tony Hsieh's Downtown projects it will be interesting to see if this survives.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online(didn't becomes an insider). Took about a week until I was asked to take 3 assessments(call center simulation, knowledge assessment and personality assessment). Maybe a week and a half later I was asked to do a video interview with 4 questions. After that, maybe a few days, they asked to schedule a Skype interview with the recruiter and another manager. It took place yesterday (about 2 weeks later) and I was offered the position today...contingent upon a background check and employment verification.

Interview Questions

• We frequently have parades going on in the call center...if you had to start a parade what kind would it be and how would you get people to join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was typical. Did a virtual interview at first, if your personality shines through you then do an assessment and schedule an interview when contacted. You then tour the Zappos facility with others and do a group interview and a 1on1 interview with someone in the HR department. The whole process was very quick and the experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Which Zappos core value do you agree with most?
      Why did you quit your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Lots of steps! Online application, video interview, math/comprehension test. Finally an in person interview! This took about 4 weeks total. Loved my recruiting team, they made me feel comfortable and we shared a lot of laughs. Didn't feel like an interview at all. Lots of questions that require quick thinking and a zappos.com navigation "test". Got an offer on the spot and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• If you could put together a parade, what would your theme be?   Answer Question