The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

237 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Anlytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

I applied online and get the code challenge and video interview together.
    Code challenge: Given a dataset, find any insight using any tools;
    Video Interview: You can do it twice. 8 questions: 5 behavior +3 technical

Brand Management and Partnership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

For the video interview, you were given 9 questions that were given with a text prompt, and you had thirty seconds to read the question and prepare and two minutes to answer each question. The video interview was definitely unique in the sense that no one was on the other side to talk to you.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in September 2017.

Interview

Required to submit the challenge they gave. The topic is suggesting a technical feature that should be put on Zappos. After finishing the challenge and virtual interview, they contacted me that I failed the first step interview.

Interview Questions

• What is A/B test? Which kitchen utensil you like the most? Why Zappos?   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very long process but very enjoyable it started out by filling out the application (within a week )being in contact with a recruiter emails going back-and-forth two phone interviews one with HR the other with payroll A online assessment and then a in person interview and spending the day at Zappos.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing about Payroll

What is the most enjoyable part

What's your least favorite part   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

First, they sent me a mail clearly explaining all the rounds and hourly pay. I took the online coding test from hacker rank I was given 5 questions and 2 hours of time. After passing that I was provided with a link where I need to give virtual interview for the questions. Finally, you will fly to Las Vegas for final round.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

What an amazing interview process! There were email correspondences, phone interviews, then the next step was to come to the Zappos office and spend the day. It included a tour of the Zappos campus, some one on one interviews, and lunch! They make the interview process very comfortable, so be yourself!! They want to get to know you to make sure you're a culture fit. :) It's unlike anywhere else, and just having the opportunity to experience it was incredible. So thankful. I didn't get an offer ;( but I loved the process.

Interview Questions

• If you could have an office parade, what would the theme be?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Very nice and was pretty straight forward about everything. Communication was clear and had a hackerrank questions. The HR rep was definitely very good at replying to my questions which was a lot different than other companies.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic questions but according to policy I cannot discuss the hackerrank ones.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

I believe it was very informative and exciting. I learned a lot about the company in general. The tour was very educational as well. The people I met with were pleasant and really enjoyed working for Zappo's.

Interview Questions

• If you could plan our next department outing what would it be.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

1- Solve a case: how to improve the recommendations system
    2- Online interview: 10 behavioral questions with 2 tries per question
    3- On site interviews: a behavioral interview and a technical interview. The technical interview had optimization and business analysis questions. The behavioral interview was basically talking about yourself

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Provo, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview Scheduled, No Call.. The interviewer never called. So disappointing as I made a point to be available at the time specified. I believe I was not contacted due to my age, so if you apply, be aware you will be illegally discriminated against.

Interview Questions

• The Interviewer never called, cited family emergency.   1 Answer