The Zappos Family Loyalty Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Loyalty Representative Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview process is intense starting with a phone call, then a Skype conversation, 2 computer based tests, which must be taken in person in Las Vegas, and then 2 final in- person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to think outside the box to find a solution to a problem. What did you do? Did you succeed? If not, what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was in a group setting they put us in teams to play interactive games which the hr team observed. Then they have you fill out a questionnaire that states different scenarios of what you would do or how you would respond with difficult customers etc. lastly they bring you in for a speed date style one on one interview with the recruitment team you will have 30-60 secs to answer the questions then you switch seats to the next recruiter. Had final interview that was over 2 hours I work for the government making more money and my interview was less than 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• What zappos core value describes you?   1 Answer

Pay, not having permanent schedule, accepted a government job with better pay better shift and better benefit plan. The interview process is ridiculous they have a final interview that is approximately 2 hours long.... It's an online retailer not curing cancer.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency however I did have to go through a 3 step interview process. After meeting and interviewing with the agency they sent me to Zappos where we did a speed interview. Similar to speed dating. It was fun and helped to ease the nervousness of normal interviews.

Interview Questions

• One question was "who is your favorite superhero?"   1 Answer

Customer Loyalty Team Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through a link posted to Facebook by a current employee. Initial application was somewhat lengthy and done online. It contained some off the wall questions - what would your theme song be, which superhero would you be. It gave you an idea of the feel of the company. Next was an automated online skills test and interview. After that I was called into the office for a face to face interview. Easily the most laid back, least anxiety producing interview ever. The 45 minute interview flew by and it felt just like having a chat with a friend. This is the 'culture' interview to make sure you are a good fit with the company. After that there was a quick 'technical' interview where I was asked to navigate the Zappos website and find information as well as finding info off the website. I got a call no more than a half hour after leaving the interview with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in May 2014.

Interview

At first the interview processed seemed different and fun, very much focused on culture. You actually take a few easy tests and then they uniquely ask you to self interview on cam answering five questions. They seemed to seriously consider me as a candidate being that I was a referral of someone else already employed there. However, I am out of state, and oddly enough for a company ahead of the curve such as Zappos, they were not open to an online Skype interview to make up for the long distance. Unable to fly down to interview, they immediately closed off my application abruptly. It was a bit odd being that they use quite a bit of technology in the hiring process, and make you "CAM" interview yourself, its a little hard to believe that an out of state Skype interview would be out of the question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The interview process may have changed since I interviewed. It's very informal. You may be asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with retail or the job you're applying for. Be humble, do not try to sell yourself as if you are just the best customer service rep ever. Just be honest and bubbly.

Interview Questions

• You could be asked, what your theme song would be. You could also be asked, what super hero you would be. And why.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

There are many stages to the interview and hiring process. Starting with a skype style interview, followed by testing & 2 personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question asked of me was, "what is your favorite curse word".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Henderson, NV) in July 2012.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, then was schedule to take a typing and grammar test online, then I was called in to take an online test to see if I was able to place an order through the website, then had a face to face interview with 2 separate interviewers in the same day and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Zappos? What can you bring to the Zappos team?   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Henderson, NV) in July 2011.

Interview

Everyone at Zappos is friendly and outgoing. Hard not to notice that most were twenty and thirty-somethings. They are a magnet for that age group as they are known for their party atmosphere both in and out of the office. Unorthodox interview questions like "If you could decorate a conference room, what would your theme be?"

They promote heavily from within. I was looking for a starting position that I could use to advance to a position in a different department. Word of advice, don't inform them of your desire for career advancement. They want someone who has a strong desire to do the entry level job alone. They also want people who will fit with their company culture: be fun, a little weird, outgoing...no wallflowers need apply.

I wish I'd had known these helpful hints before my interview. Chalk six months up to a lengthy learning experience.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how weird are you?   1 Answer
    • If you could decorate one of our conference rooms, what theme would you choose?   1 Answer