The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

1- Solve a case: how to improve the recommendations system
    2- Online interview: 10 behavioral questions with 2 tries per question
    3- On site interviews: a behavioral interview and a technical interview. The technical interview had optimization and business analysis questions. The behavioral interview was basically talking about yourself

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the CLT position. The whole process took about a month.

If you get accepted you are then tested on your knowledge, technically and culturally. After that, you are going to be doing a virtual interview (about 7 questions) where you have to record yourself answering the questions. After I submitted those above, I waited for about 2 weeks and got an face-to-face interview at the headquarters.

The interview lasted about an hour. There was a lot of scenario questions and a part where you had to role play as if you were in the call center. It was a bit difficult for me but I answered them honestly. The people interviewing me were very friendly. Although I was nervous, they made me feel comfortable when I was getting interviewed. I got offered the job by the next week.

Some advice: Just be yourself :-)

Interview Questions

• If you were to plan a parade, what kind of theme would you throw for this event?   Answer Question
    • If you were to invite 2 people to lunch, past or present (even real or fiction), who would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you more of a leader or a follower? Tell me why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you felt under appreciated.   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Sooooo long, but ultimately, so worth it. Went through multiple steps including video "interviews", typing tests, culture fits, in-person interview, etc. It lasted about a month from application submission, to receiving the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would do in the case of a zombie apocolyps?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Had a small Technical Interview at HackerRank followed by a video Interview which had to be recorded and sent to them. I didn't get selected after the video round, response time deserves a positive comment.

Interview Questions

• What three things would you take to an island with you.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The first round is online coding with 5 questions. They're pretty simple. The second is a virtual interview with some technical and behavior questions. After passing those two rounds, there's a onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you bring in a deserted island?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

After applying they will send you a link to a Virtual interview and a challenge based on which job you are applying for. You must complete the challenge, for merchandising was a 15 post instagram, and then the virtual interview. They will reply within the month.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

first, was a coding assignment consisting of 2 easy question , followed by another coding test and then a virtual interview. Clearing all these you will be invited for an onsite technical interview.

Interview Questions

• coding ques for first test were: staircase problem and first repeating character in an array problem.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

First you had to submit your resume and some basic info. Then they email you a challenge where you have to complete an idea for a new brand they should feature on their website. Then they send you ten questions that you have to answer through the camera on your computer.

Interview Questions

• What two things would you bring with you on a deserted island?
      What is your idea of "excellent customer service"?
      Why does this internship appeal to you?
      What aspects of your website would you change?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2017.

Interview

behavioral interview - video interview - using taketheinterview - 7 questions - decent enough - just want to know your attitude and your representation - 1st round coding challenge - 2nd round behavioral - 3rd round final in vegas - interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Online coding challenge that had 5 questions for 2 hours followed by an online behavioural interview. They are very quick in replying. If you clear the online interview then there is an onsite interview