The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

Inter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2017.

Interview

After I submit my application for the software engineer intern position, I got an email from them telling me to complete an online challenge in Hackerrank. There were 5 coding questions in 120 minutes.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call within a day of applying.Applied during the last week of January.Had a challenge round at hacker rank with 5 questions and virtual interview with 7 behavioral questions within a day after the online round.

Interview Questions

• Challenge round was mostly picked from leetcode and hackerrank. Can be cleared easily   Answer Question

College Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Required to create a mobile app with given specifications, as well as a virtual interview. Overall a fairly positive experience, completely online through College/University. Project was very fun to complete.

Interview Questions

• if you were stuck on an Island, what two items would you bring?   Answer Question
    • Difference in application of Interfaces and Abstract Classes   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

a challenge and virtual interview. The challenge is about recommendations system. The virtual interview can be done twice. I applied in Feb, and the opening closed pretty soon. All results will be received by Mar 14th.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2017.

Interview

There were two task
    1) An application was suppose to be created using their api by keeping certain features in mind.
    2) Virtual Interview
    There were some behavioral question along with two /three simple Java questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join zappos?
      What is Jvm/garbage collector!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The process begins early with a deadline in the first week in September. Completed challenge and online interview. Selected for onsite interviews in October (flown out, hotel, food covered, etc.). The first of the two days was mostly informational; tours, group activities, meeting managers, etc. Followed by a two hour "technical challenge" similar to the online challenge. Then the night was free to party and tour the strip. The second day consisted of a two-on-one technical interview and a behavioral (strong emphasis on culture).

Interview Questions

• Apply statistical models to different situations (logit vs probit, log normal vs normal, etc.).   Answer Question
    • Mental math for ROI, % increase, and other basic business calculations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I took an online coding challenge which consisted of only one question, then a virtual interview for behavioral questions. After that, I was flown to Vegas! Overall, they were very quick to respond and seemed to make a good impression on me - they were friendly and seemed extremely enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island, what two things would you bring?   1 Answer

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I found the opportunity on my college website and applied through the website. I had to complete a virtual challenge and interview as well. They got back to me within a month to say that I was selected as a finalist and flew me to the office in Vegas to attend final rounds interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the degree between the angles when the clock hits 6:30?   Answer Question

Seasonal Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 5 different interviews ranging from telephone interviews to panel interviews to submitting a video cover letter. I also had to submit to several different computer proficiency as well as math proficiency tests

Interview Questions

• PS specific scenario questions about what I would do in a certain situation when a customer didn't receive the product they had ordered and now were away from their home how can I rectify the situation and what steps would I take to do so   1 Answer

Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

Interview

virtual interview and challenge in early September, after you get through that round you're flown to vegas early October!! you then meet all the other candidates for every type of internship, another technical challenge with the team, technical/behavioral interviews

Interview Questions

• What are two things you would bring to an island?
      Do you consider yourself successful?   Answer Question