The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2017

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

First Round was Assessment. Some Basic Leetcode questions. Basically it was to judge our coding ability. Questions were difficult but straight out from leetcode. I would suggest to prepare easy questions from leetcode first.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2017.

Interview

first, you have hacker rank interview question which is difficult than online recorded video interview in which you will be asked some tricky HR question you have 30 sec to think and then if you clear that you have onsite interview

Interview Questions

• python question related to data structures   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The process begins early with a deadline in the first week in September. Completed challenge and online interview. Selected for onsite interviews in October (flown out, hotel, food covered, etc.). The first of the two days was mostly informational; tours, group activities, meeting managers, etc. Followed by a two hour "technical challenge" similar to the online challenge. Then the night was free to party and tour the strip. The second day consisted of a two-on-one technical interview and a behavioral (strong emphasis on culture).

Interview Questions

• Apply statistical models to different situations (logit vs probit, log normal vs normal, etc.).   Answer Question
    • Mental math for ROI, % increase, and other basic business calculations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I took an online coding challenge which consisted of only one question, then a virtual interview for behavioral questions. After that, I was flown to Vegas! Overall, they were very quick to respond and seemed to make a good impression on me - they were friendly and seemed extremely enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island, what two things would you bring?   1 Answer

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I found the opportunity on my college website and applied through the website. I had to complete a virtual challenge and interview as well. They got back to me within a month to say that I was selected as a finalist and flew me to the office in Vegas to attend final rounds interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the degree between the angles when the clock hits 6:30?   1 Answer

Seasonal Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 5 different interviews ranging from telephone interviews to panel interviews to submitting a video cover letter. I also had to submit to several different computer proficiency as well as math proficiency tests

Interview Questions

• PS specific scenario questions about what I would do in a certain situation when a customer didn't receive the product they had ordered and now were away from their home how can I rectify the situation and what steps would I take to do so   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

After online submission, I received an email includes a project link and a virtual interview link. I have around 10 days to finish both of them and then send back to the recruiter. They tell me the results after 10 days.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

Interview

virtual interview and challenge in early September, after you get through that round you're flown to vegas early October!! you then meet all the other candidates for every type of internship, another technical challenge with the team, technical/behavioral interviews

Interview Questions

• What are two things you would bring to an island?
      Do you consider yourself successful?   Answer Question

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I applied through the website and had to complete a virtual challenge and interview as well. They got back to me within a month to say that I was selected as a finalist and flew me to the office in Vegas to attend final rounds interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were given $100,000, what business would you start?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

You first just submit your resume and cover letter. Don't forget the cover letter video because they want to see your creative side with what you can do with it. Next, you receive a challenge..each department has a different challenge. You also have to complete a one-way video interview with questions that times your answers (not as bad as you think!). If they like all of that, they will invite you out to the headquarters for about 2-3 days! There will most likely be a behavioral interview and then a technical interview (some technical interviews have special on-site challenges that you have to present in front of managers).