The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Was first led to an online coding challenge - 2 hours to solve 5 questions ranging in level of difficulty. Second stage a couple days later was an online behavioral section where applicants record a couple 2 minute videos answering specific questions.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy to accomplish. They made sure that it was easy to understand the questions and you have a lot of time to answer each one. They also give you two chances for the virtual interview so if you messed up like I did you had a chance to go back and fix it.

Interview Questions

• If you could bring two things to a deserted island what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was clean and well organised. It began with a series of phone interviews with various people from different departments calling to ask genre specific questions. From there I was invited on campus and shown around. There was another set of face to face interviews and then I was taken out to lunch by the team I would potentially work with.

Interview Questions

• How well have you coped in a team working environment and what would be your pros and cons on the subject?   Answer Question

User Research Interview

Interview

The interview is on a software. Question will show up and then you have 30 seconds to prepare for it. Then the software will recorded your answer.
    Combined is two Challenge question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Zappos ?
      What the five things you would bring if you go to the desert?
      challenge question : the challenge for online shopping is that customers could not try it. How would you solve this problem ?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Took four months to setup the interview. Then the recruiter completely missed the time we had set up. Tried to setup one more and the recruiter missed that one as well. Not impressed.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Phone interview, Professional questions. Very detailed and organized. Seemed to know what was needed and wanted for position. Would I relocate? Was there room for growth? What were my thoughts on managing a team? Could I travel and work holidays? Can I work weekends. How i deal with pressure. Can I manage a team?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2016.

Interview

Shortly after applying online, I was sent an email for a virtual/video interview and directed to a HackerRank challenge. The questions were kind of standard except for the deserted island question. The process was very quick. Waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Standard why (company name), what two things would you bring to a deserted island, how do you handle criticism, ...   Answer Question
    • Technical: find all palindromes in a string   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The interview was a long but interesting process. I had a great time solving the problems that was given to me.

1. A video interview followed by small online test.
    2. Submit a coding challenge.
    3. Interview on-site with the team.
    4. Skype Interview with the HR.

Interview Questions

• Part 1:
      Q1. Online video interview included, character test viz. if you were stranded, how would you react etc. Very easy Questions there. Around 5-10 questions were added.
      Q2. Technical questions like what is the difference between HTTP Get and Set etc.

Part 2:
      Q1. I was asked to submit a coding challenge, I was provided online JSON data and I was asked to submit a code that would use the data and provide a solution to a problem.

Part 3:
      Q1. You have two lists A and B. Write a program to display elements in A that are not in B.
      Q2. Check if the string is palindrome.
      Q3. Design a schema for a shopping cart and customer interaction with the same.

Part 4:
      Q1. Why Zappos ?
      Q2. What is unique about you ?
      Answer Question

Videographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in April 2016.

Interview

Their were three interviews. One with hr, one with the lead in that department, and then a whole day of interviews that consisted of taking a tour of zappos, meeting the team and being interviewed by everyone. I was tested on my skills and asked all sorts of questions.

Interview Questions

• if you could have dinner with any two people alive or dead who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Videographer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. I was interviewed twice over the phone, first with a recruiter, then the lead of the department I'd potentially be working for. Both phone interviews were 1/2 hour. Then I was asked for an on campus interview. It's a 6 hour process where you meet with numerous "leads" of various departments. Then we all went out to lunch, followed by a test. It was actually quite fun. It took them over a week to get back to me that I was not selected. After spending that much time and energy, it's upsetting to say the least.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a budget of a few hundred to plan a party, what would you plan?   Answer Question