The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took about 2 weeks. Got a online assessment really after the say hi email from HR, failed on the online assessment. The HR told me that I can reapply after 6 month.

Search Engine Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had an online interview with pre-recorded interview questions. Sent a challenge to complete along with my video interview. Flown out to two-day on-site interview which included a technical challenge as well as panel behavioral, culture, and technical interviews. There are several lunches with the team and activities to see fit.

Interview Questions

• What part of the marketing funnel is paid search a part of?   Answer Question
    • What sets of data have you worked with and what have you done with it?   Answer Question
    • What is something that you keep in your closet?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The first part was pretty standard, asked for your resume, cover letter, and a short essay question on why you decided on zappos. They also asked for an optional video cover letter (which I included). I received an email immediately. In the email they gave me one week to complete a case study and a virtual interview. In the case study they give you a situation and 3 questions asking what you'd do etc. In the virtual interview, it consisted on 9 questions, 3 of the questions were business related and the rest were all questions aimed toward determining your personality.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island, what's 2 things you would bring?   Answer Question

Merchandisingfor 6pm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to do an Instagram challenge posting at least 15 photos that describe our style. The interview was a virtual interview with about nine questions. The questions weren't too hard but the process is odd since no one is actually asking the questions. It was short and quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Do you think you're successful? if so, describe why?...   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the college job board and was sent a video interview and challenge. You get two tries for the video interview. The challenge depends on the position you apply for; I applied for a marketing position and created a SWOT analysis of its search engine.

Interview Questions

• What are two things you would bring to a deserted island?   1 Answer

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I received a jobvite email. There is no email address or phone number. I think this could be auto generated. The main thing from HR email was Hacker Rank test. HR email mentioned that the expectation was not to finish the test, and the test was one hour. It was kind of strange. I have taken Hacker Rank test before. Hacker Rank is not easy to program in. I don't recommend it as running customized test cases seem slow. And the first time I used it, I had to spend a lot of time getting familiar with the interface.

I tried the test. I finished one question in about 20 minutes. Then I tried another programming question. This one took a while. One of the test cases had the wrong answer. It should be 7 instead of 8. And the answer was in the description of the problem. Whoever wrote the test case did not read the description. I wrote in the comment that this test case had wrong answer. I was thinking maybe they would talk to me if they read this, but no one acknowledged that. I don't think anyone read this code.
    Then I started on another programming question, and I ran out of time and just submitted. Two weeks later, I received a reply from HR about my challenge review. From college, eight CS questions, I usually have more than 4 hours from my professors at NorCal (renowned public school). I think I did ok given the time, but of course I had no idea what zappos was about as the whole process seemed pretty mysterious. And maybe zappos is run by a bunch of robots. :)

Things observed:
    1. Jobvite generated email (maybe auto generated)
    2. No email address or phone number in all the emails (is this real?)
    3. HR didn't talk to you on the phone (robots?)
    4. 8 questions in an hour
    5. Test case had wrong output with different answer from the description (commented on this in the code)
    6. Robots read the code, robots write emails, and it was difficult to talk to robots so far. :p

Interview Questions

• Find the largest and positive? difference comparing two numbers sequentially in a series of numbers?? (May not be exactly this)   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2016.

Interview

I have Applied online, then received a challenge two days later asked to develop an app with wireframes design and mockups, along with a virtual interview asking you to answer 8 questions

Software Engineering College Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds. One was a coding round and the second one was a virtual interview. They ask questions and we have to record our self answering those questions.

Interview Questions

• What things would you take if you were stranded on an island   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was horrifically long. My recruiters were non-responsive throughout the process and when I finally got to the onsite stage of the interview, it took 4 months (and constant back and forths) for me to be reimbursed for my interview. Even for the results, I had to constantly ask the recruiter for updates. When I found out I was invited onsite, Zappos rushed me to complete my interview in the next few weeks, but they seemed to take their time when it comes to getting back to me with the results (almost 2 weeks, which was quite unusual for a tech company). They were very irresponsible and simple didn't care about recruiting. The recruiters refuse to pay for meals and check every receipt carefully and ask questions on every transaction that was made. Zappos is an extremely cheap company and would inquire even about transactions with $1. I didn't accept their offer and honestly, its not worth it to work for such a cheap and irresponsible company.

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with multiple people, some that you would be your boss and some that would be your co-workers. Very long process including phone interviews, skype interviews, and in person interviews.

Every single person is testing your personality. EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU INTERACT WITH.

The only issue is that many times on the phone or skype interviews the person interviewing is heavily distracted. Many times they aren't setting aside time to really interview you and pay attention.