The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

A Hackerrank that has 5 questions. Pretty easy standards questions. If you have been doing CTCI an leetcode, it shouldn't be hard for you. And then a behavior virtual interview. After you clear those two rounds, you get to go to Vegas!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

But lengthy interview with several rounds.

Coding exercise: I was presented to develop a program that loads images of a catalog and was asked to submit in a day time frame

Phone screen: Once the solution is reviewed and i guess after feeling comfortable they scheduled a phone screen . In the phone screen they asked couple of questions from the coding exercise. Asked about my latest project, total experience. Couple of Java and all questions.

Onsite interview: couple of white board seasons,
    System design round,
    Coding round asked to implement lift problem in a hour,
    Behavioral round

Salary negotiation happened after I was told that am selected for the position.

Interview Questions

It's a slow process but I was able to negotiate and they agreed to increase 25k in addition to original offer.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied through university and received an email with challenge and a link to the virtual interview.. completed the virtual interview and the challenge and submitted it. Waiting on a response..

Interview Questions

• Way are the differences between forecasting and planning and what are the pros and cons of the two.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Business Operations& Analytics Internship through my University career center, and on the Zappos website. I received an e-mail from a representative containing an inventory management challenge, and a link to a virtual interview. The challenge was to be turned in as detailed paragraphs describing method and approach, and also a power point summarizing the project. I received an invitation to the Las Vegas Office for a 2-day interview.

Interview Questions

• Some questions asked during the virtual interview:
      - What 2 items would you bring to the dessert
      -What 3 things do you expect to gain during the internship
      -What metrics would you use to evaluate Zappos business operations
      -What parameters would you use in modelling success of a movie

You are allowed 2 tries for the interview. I am still awaiting response.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a reply fairly quickly. However No face to face, only face to computer type interview was given. I had to talk to a computer for a timed interview. They also expected me to create an app given a week.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I sent my application through their website. Heard back a week later with a design challenge and a link to a virtual interview. They ask you to record yourself answering the questions as opposed to talking to a real person. It was kind of strange.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Was first led to an online coding challenge - 2 hours to solve 5 questions ranging in level of difficulty. Second stage a couple days later was an online behavioral section where applicants record a couple 2 minute videos answering specific questions.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy to accomplish. They made sure that it was easy to understand the questions and you have a lot of time to answer each one. They also give you two chances for the virtual interview so if you messed up like I did you had a chance to go back and fix it.

Interview Questions

• If you could bring two things to a deserted island what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was clean and well organised. It began with a series of phone interviews with various people from different departments calling to ask genre specific questions. From there I was invited on campus and shown around. There was another set of face to face interviews and then I was taken out to lunch by the team I would potentially work with.

Interview Questions

• How well have you coped in a team working environment and what would be your pros and cons on the subject?   Answer Question

User Research Interview

Interview

The interview is on a software. Question will show up and then you have 30 seconds to prepare for it. Then the software will recorded your answer.
    Combined is two Challenge question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Zappos ?
      What the five things you would bring if you go to the desert?
      challenge question : the challenge for online shopping is that customers could not try it. How would you solve this problem ?   Answer Question