The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2016.

Interview

Shortly after applying online, I was sent an email for a virtual/video interview and directed to a HackerRank challenge. The questions were kind of standard except for the deserted island question. The process was very quick. Waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Standard why (company name), what two things would you bring to a deserted island, how do you handle criticism, ...   Answer Question
    • Technical: find all palindromes in a string   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The interview was a long but interesting process. I had a great time solving the problems that was given to me.

1. A video interview followed by small online test.
    2. Submit a coding challenge.
    3. Interview on-site with the team.
    4. Skype Interview with the HR.

Interview Questions

• Part 1:
      Q1. Online video interview included, character test viz. if you were stranded, how would you react etc. Very easy Questions there. Around 5-10 questions were added.
      Q2. Technical questions like what is the difference between HTTP Get and Set etc.

Part 2:
      Q1. I was asked to submit a coding challenge, I was provided online JSON data and I was asked to submit a code that would use the data and provide a solution to a problem.

Part 3:
      Q1. You have two lists A and B. Write a program to display elements in A that are not in B.
      Q2. Check if the string is palindrome.
      Q3. Design a schema for a shopping cart and customer interaction with the same.

Part 4:
      Q1. Why Zappos ?
      Q2. What is unique about you ?   Answer Question

Videographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in April 2016.

Interview

Their were three interviews. One with hr, one with the lead in that department, and then a whole day of interviews that consisted of taking a tour of zappos, meeting the team and being interviewed by everyone. I was tested on my skills and asked all sorts of questions.

Interview Questions

• if you could have dinner with any two people alive or dead who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Videographer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. I was interviewed twice over the phone, first with a recruiter, then the lead of the department I'd potentially be working for. Both phone interviews were 1/2 hour. Then I was asked for an on campus interview. It's a 6 hour process where you meet with numerous "leads" of various departments. Then we all went out to lunch, followed by a test. It was actually quite fun. It took them over a week to get back to me that I was not selected. After spending that much time and energy, it's upsetting to say the least.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a budget of a few hundred to plan a party, what would you plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied the fall intern online, after several days, I received an email, there are some links: OA, virtual interview. If you finished both, u should reply their email. There was a deadline. I think if you passed the two, you will fly to Las Vegas to have a onsite interview. I searched a lot on the Internet, but seems
    few people got the Software Engineer Intern offer.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Hanover, NH) in April 2016.

Interview

First step was a case wherein we had to submit a write up and a presentation. The next round was an online video interview with the technical team under whom the intern was supposed to work and the final interview was with the HR. The entire process was really interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took about 2 weeks. Got a online assessment really after the say hi email from HR, failed on the online assessment. The HR told me that I can reapply after 6 month.

Search Engine Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

Interview

Applied online, had an online interview with pre-recorded interview questions. Sent a challenge to complete along with my video interview. Flown out to two-day on-site interview which included a technical challenge as well as panel behavioral, culture, and technical interviews. There are several lunches with the team and activities to see fit.

Interview Questions

• What part of the marketing funnel is paid search a part of?   Answer Question
    • What sets of data have you worked with and what have you done with it?   Answer Question
    • What is something that you keep in your closet?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The first part was pretty standard, asked for your resume, cover letter, and a short essay question on why you decided on zappos. They also asked for an optional video cover letter (which I included). I received an email immediately. In the email they gave me one week to complete a case study and a virtual interview. In the case study they give you a situation and 3 questions asking what you'd do etc. In the virtual interview, it consisted on 9 questions, 3 of the questions were business related and the rest were all questions aimed toward determining your personality.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island, what's 2 things you would bring?   Answer Question

Merchandisingfor 6pm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to do an Instagram challenge posting at least 15 photos that describe our style. The interview was a virtual interview with about nine questions. The questions weren't too hard but the process is odd since no one is actually asking the questions. It was short and quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Do you think you're successful? if so, describe why?...   1 Answer