The Zappos Family Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV

Updated May 15, 2017

Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the CLT position. The whole process took about a month.

If you get accepted you are then tested on your knowledge, technically and culturally. After that, you are going to be doing a virtual interview (about 7 questions) where you have to record yourself answering the questions. After I submitted those above, I waited for about 2 weeks and got an face-to-face interview at the headquarters.

The interview lasted about an hour. There was a lot of scenario questions and a part where you had to role play as if you were in the call center. It was a bit difficult for me but I answered them honestly. The people interviewing me were very friendly. Although I was nervous, they made me feel comfortable when I was getting interviewed. I got offered the job by the next week.

Some advice: Just be yourself :-)

Interview Questions

• If you were to plan a parade, what kind of theme would you throw for this event?   Answer Question
    • If you were to invite 2 people to lunch, past or present (even real or fiction), who would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Are you more of a leader or a follower? Tell me why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you felt under appreciated.   Answer Question

College Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Required to create a mobile app with given specifications, as well as a virtual interview. Overall a fairly positive experience, completely online through College/University. Project was very fun to complete.

Interview Questions

• if you were stuck on an Island, what two items would you bring?   Answer Question
    • Difference in application of Interfaces and Abstract Classes   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I took an online coding challenge which consisted of only one question, then a virtual interview for behavioral questions. After that, I was flown to Vegas! Overall, they were very quick to respond and seemed to make a good impression on me - they were friendly and seemed extremely enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island, what two things would you bring?   1 Answer

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I found the opportunity on my college website and applied through the website. I had to complete a virtual challenge and interview as well. They got back to me within a month to say that I was selected as a finalist and flew me to the office in Vegas to attend final rounds interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the degree between the angles when the clock hits 6:30?   Answer Question

Seasonal Customer Loyalty Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

I had 5 different interviews ranging from telephone interviews to panel interviews to submitting a video cover letter. I also had to submit to several different computer proficiency as well as math proficiency tests

Interview Questions

• PS specific scenario questions about what I would do in a certain situation when a customer didn't receive the product they had ordered and now were away from their home how can I rectify the situation and what steps would I take to do so   1 Answer

Interview Interview

Application

Interview

virtual interview and challenge in early September, after you get through that round you're flown to vegas early October!! you then meet all the other candidates for every type of internship, another technical challenge with the team, technical/behavioral interviews

Interview Questions

• What are two things you would bring to an island?
      Do you consider yourself successful?
      Answer Question

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I applied through the website and had to complete a virtual challenge and interview as well. They got back to me within a month to say that I was selected as a finalist and flew me to the office in Vegas to attend final rounds interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were given $100,000, what business would you start?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

You first just submit your resume and cover letter. Don't forget the cover letter video because they want to see your creative side with what you can do with it. Next, you receive a challenge..each department has a different challenge. You also have to complete a one-way video interview with questions that times your answers (not as bad as you think!). If they like all of that, they will invite you out to the headquarters for about 2-3 days! There will most likely be a behavioral interview and then a technical interview (some technical interviews have special on-site challenges that you have to present in front of managers).

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

But lengthy interview with several rounds.

Coding exercise: I was presented to develop a program that loads images of a catalog and was asked to submit in a day time frame

Phone screen: Once the solution is reviewed and i guess after feeling comfortable they scheduled a phone screen . In the phone screen they asked couple of questions from the coding exercise. Asked about my latest project, total experience. Couple of Java and all questions.

Onsite interview: couple of white board seasons,
    System design round,
    Coding round asked to implement lift problem in a hour,
    Behavioral round

Salary negotiation happened after I was told that am selected for the position.

Interview Questions

It's a slow process but I was able to negotiate and they agreed to increase 25k in addition to original offer.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied through university and received an email with challenge and a link to the virtual interview.. completed the virtual interview and the challenge and submitted it. Waiting on a response..

Interview Questions

• Way are the differences between forecasting and planning and what are the pros and cons of the two.   Answer Question