The Zappos Family Merchandising Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Zappos Family Merchandising Assistant Interview Questions

3.1

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy to accomplish. They made sure that it was easy to understand the questions and you have a lot of time to answer each one. They also give you two chances for the virtual interview so if you messed up like I did you had a chance to go back and fix it.

Interview Questions

• If you could bring two things to a deserted island what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Lafayette, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

9 questions to learn about you, some were silly questions like the deserted island question and some were more professional. Personally I am not a fan of online video interviewing since they can be awkward and you can't ask them to explain their questions. But they have to do what they have to do.

Interview Questions

• If you were deserted on an island, what two items would you bring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process is casual, but they truly do look into how well you will work with your team and in your job. Expect to be asked one-off questions but always keep it professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating at entry level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Longer than I expected but such a great experience. I was flown out but it was well worth it. I had 2 phone interviews that were casual and easy going conversations. In person interview was an all day event with lots of tiny group interviews. I also have a one hour culture fit interview where they asked a ton of scenario questions and basic core values questions. Overall everyone was phenomenal and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What's a something weird that you like to do?   1 Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Interview

Extensive. Application, video cover letter, Merchandising challenge, online interview, flew out to company to interview with specific teams (it varied, but I had 5) and a culture interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• If you stuck on an island and you had to pick two items to have with you...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do it! It's a great experience and you will not regret it.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resumé, a virtual interview, a video cover letter, as well as an online Sumo challenge. After reviewing my application, I moved on to the next round, where Zappos flew out the candidates to Las Vegas to interview for two days. The first day was spent doing activities and meeting Zappos employees and the second day was interview day. You could interview with one or more teams, in addition to having a culture interview, so a total of two or more interviews. After interviewing, Zappos flew us back home. About a week and a half later, we heard back if we had received an offer. The whole process was awesome and really on-par with the Zappos culture. Zappos really wants to make sure their employees and interns are culture fits, while still have the work hard, play hard mentality. If you're looking for a stiff, corporate atmosphere in a cubicle setting, Zappos isn't the place for you (but who really wants that?). Overall, it was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• What two things would you bring if you were on a deserted island?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The interview process was simple until it came to the video interview. The initial interview where they asked questions on paper were a bit misleading at first as they didn't have much to do with the job, but the web interview was very on point. However, I received an email a week after I had submitted my video (and received confirmation that my video was received), saying that since I "had not submitted" my interview, I was removed from the pool of consideration. Even after I emailed several times inquiring as to where my interview might have gone, and offering to resubmit by the next morning (even though I got the email at 10 pm), I was not contacted again.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Interview

Online application, 2 phone interviews, and a video interview

Interview Questions

• What social event would you host for the merchandising team?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online, the recruiting team emails you and lets you know you have been selected for the second step which is the video interview, you have a few days to prepare, then you access the video review portal from a separate email link, the video interview is all electronic and there is no live interaction with another person, you are asked to answer about 8-10 questions, you can can practice a few times, then you are recorded and timed, submit your video recorded interview, wait for the recruiter to get back to you via email in a few days to let you know if you are selected or passed on.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself to be a lucky person? Why or Why not?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2014.

Interview

Video Interview

Interview Questions

• After going to thee site what was good and what was bad?   1 Answer