The Zappos Family Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

3.1

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Provo, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview Scheduled, No Call.. The interviewer never called. So disappointing as I made a point to be available at the time specified. I believe I was not contacted due to my age, so if you apply, be aware you will be illegally discriminated against.

Interview Questions

• The Interviewer never called, cited family emergency.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Zappos Family

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Online coding challenge that had 5 questions for 2 hours followed by an online behavioural interview. They are very quick in replying. If you clear the online interview then there is an onsite interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in February 2017.

Interview

first, you have hacker rank interview question which is difficult than online recorded video interview in which you will be asked some tricky HR question you have 30 sec to think and then if you clear that you have onsite interview

Interview Questions

• python question related to data structures   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I took an online coding challenge which consisted of only one question, then a virtual interview for behavioral questions. After that, I was flown to Vegas! Overall, they were very quick to respond and seemed to make a good impression on me - they were friendly and seemed extremely enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island, what two things would you bring?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Was first led to an online coding challenge - 2 hours to solve 5 questions ranging in level of difficulty. Second stage a couple days later was an online behavioral section where applicants record a couple 2 minute videos answering specific questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Took four months to setup the interview. Then the recruiter completely missed the time we had set up. Tried to setup one more and the recruiter missed that one as well. Not impressed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The interview was a long but interesting process. I had a great time solving the problems that was given to me.

1. A video interview followed by small online test.
    2. Submit a coding challenge.
    3. Interview on-site with the team.
    4. Skype Interview with the HR.

Interview Questions

• Part 1:
      Q1. Online video interview included, character test viz. if you were stranded, how would you react etc. Very easy Questions there. Around 5-10 questions were added.
      Q2. Technical questions like what is the difference between HTTP Get and Set etc.

Part 2:
      Q1. I was asked to submit a coding challenge, I was provided online JSON data and I was asked to submit a code that would use the data and provide a solution to a problem.

Part 3:
      Q1. You have two lists A and B. Write a program to display elements in A that are not in B.
      Q2. Check if the string is palindrome.
      Q3. Design a schema for a shopping cart and customer interaction with the same.

Part 4:
      Q1. Why Zappos ?
      Q2. What is unique about you ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied the fall intern online, after several days, I received an email, there are some links: OA, virtual interview. If you finished both, u should reply their email. There was a deadline. I think if you passed the two, you will fly to Las Vegas to have a onsite interview. I searched a lot on the Internet, but seems
    few people got the Software Engineer Intern offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took about 2 weeks. Got a online assessment really after the say hi email from HR, failed on the online assessment. The HR told me that I can reapply after 6 month.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was horrifically long. My recruiters were non-responsive throughout the process and when I finally got to the onsite stage of the interview, it took 4 months (and constant back and forths) for me to be reimbursed for my interview. Even for the results, I had to constantly ask the recruiter for updates. When I found out I was invited onsite, Zappos rushed me to complete my interview in the next few weeks, but they seemed to take their time when it comes to getting back to me with the results (almost 2 weeks, which was quite unusual for a tech company). They were very irresponsible and simple didn't care about recruiting. The recruiters refuse to pay for meals and check every receipt carefully and ask questions on every transaction that was made. Zappos is an extremely cheap company and would inquire even about transactions with $1. I didn't accept their offer and honestly, its not worth it to work for such a cheap and irresponsible company.