Amazon Interview Question: The math problem was the most... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Area Manager Interview Phoenix, AZ

The math problem was the most difficult if you are not used

to algebra type word problems. I am assuming that none of the people interviewing do this kind of thing on a daily basis.
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

I agree on the math problems. They are pretty simple if you have time to think them out. I had the initial answer correct, but when they changed the numbers after my explanation, I bombed. It was really simple, but I just chocked on the spot. I was able to work through the problem with their help and eventually found the correct answer, but it did not go as planned. I also was trying to complete the math in my head, versus using a calculator. When I finally reached for the calculator, it did not work. They went and found another one, but by that time I was flustered. I felt like I aced the other two interview sessions, but failed the math flow part. I am not expecting an offer :-) Very professional interview and I was impressed in what they were willing to offer. I originally applied for the Operations Manager position, but during my travel to the city found out by a recruiter it was based off of talent and could be the Area Manager position. Very stiff competition within my interview peers from all over the United States. This was for the plant in Columbia, SC.

Bob on Jul 14, 2011

Sorry....."Choked"

Bob on Jul 14, 2011

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.