Verizon Interview Question: The online assessments were 3... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Customer Service Representative Interview Basking Ridge, NJ

The online assessments were 3 tests total, quite intense

. The first interview was a screening interview to the real interview. I am currently waiting on the (hopefully) final interview.
Answer

Interview Answer

49 Answers

I applied to customer service sales job. I took the same test. I got an email that says I was qualified and I would hear from someone in 3-5 business days. It's been 7. Have you had an issue with this? Or are you in my shoes. Or have you gotten a call a while later for the actual interview. Thanks.

Matt on Jul 27, 2016

I have since taken the phone interview, I am now scheduled for an interview on site next week

Anonymous on Jul 27, 2016

This is just a long tiring process.

Anonymous on Jul 27, 2016

I applied via website 7-1, 7-13 got an email from recruiter saying I'm advanced to next step of taking online assessments, took assessments, lasted 2 hours kind of complicated but got email that I qualified had phone interview 2 weeks ago said I'd hear from particular location in 5 to 7 days and it's been well over and still haven't heard anything yet.

Traci on Aug 2, 2016

I recently had my in person Interview. Its a long process. But I am now waiting to hear if I was selected and if so, HR will contact me regarding an offer. It does take time, hopefully it will be worth it.

Anonymous on Aug 2, 2016

Good luck! I still haven't heard from location for my in person interview.

Anonymous on Aug 3, 2016

I took the test and qualified and it said someone would call me in 3-5 days. It's been over 2 and a half weeks. I'm wondering if I should just count myself out at this point. I worked here before 10 years ago and I do remember it being a little while to be hired but I am only waiting for the phone interview and do remember that being quick

Anonymous on Aug 5, 2016

don't count yourself out, I was told after my phone interview by the recruiter that I'd hear something in 5 to 7 business days for my face to face and it's been 2 week as well, I cannot get in contact with a recruiter at all now so maybe they are just backed up.

Anonymous on Aug 7, 2016

Yeah I guess your right. I applied the hour the job was posted. I followed the strike and knew that jobs was one big thing being negotiated so I kept updated multiple times daily waiting for a posting. So I guess waiting this long is frustrating. But i will try my best to kept patient. It took them a month after I applied the first hour just to have me do those test so we shall see. Thanks

Anonymous on Aug 8, 2016

I just received a phone call today setting up my face to face interview, remember I said I did my phone interview over 2 weeks ago and she told me I should hear something in 5 to 7 business days but that wasn't the case. I believe they are just hiring so many people (like you said you knew that was apart of the stipulations from the strike) so I am sending positive vibes your way and I believe you will hear something very soon.

Anonymous on Aug 8, 2016

It is a long process. But after 1. 3 online assessments 2. A phone interview 3. A face to face interview 4. I just received an offer. I accepted. The only caveat is you take paid training for 8 weeks and if you do not do well in the training you are simply let go. This has been a long process but its finally over. Hopefully the training goes well for me. Best of luck to everyone else

Anonymous on Aug 8, 2016

good luck on training! When does it start?

Thank you. Training is the first week of September for 8 weeks

Anonymous on Aug 8, 2016

I'd really like to know what questions they ask in the face to face interview?

Anonymous on Aug 8, 2016

I finally got a call from them. 3 weeks after I passed the online part. It was pretty simple interview. She said the next step is I wait for a face to face interview which won't be till the end of September. It's a while but I am happy the process is at least finally going somewhere.

Anonymous on Aug 9, 2016

What are the hours of training ?

Anonymous on Aug 9, 2016

Had my final interview today, was kind of intense. I was nervous during the Role play but I sold a package lol. Manager didn't know exactly when we'd hear from HR or how we would hear, also didn't know if we would start in the training class in September or October, I guess because they are doing such mass hiring at this time across the company.

Anonymous on Aug 10, 2016

Applied last week on Tuesday, got an email to do the online assessment on Wednesday which I did and result said "Qualified" and now waiting to hear next step. How long does that take, and is the next step an in person or phone interview?

Anonymous on Sep 6, 2016

I got my call 2-3 weeks later. But that was back in July. This process is so long for me. You might get the call sooner since I think they want to get classes started in October.

Anonymous on Sep 6, 2016

Also it's a phone interview if you pass that the in person interview is next. Which is what I'm waiting for.

Anonymous on Sep 6, 2016

Update; so I took the online test last week on Thursday and passed, then yesterday (Thursday) I got a phone call and the last asked if now was a good time for the phone interview. I was surprised that she called me to do the phone interview, I expected it to be scheduled in advance. SoI did that and she said I passed that also and I would be getting a call from the local office to come in for an in person interview. So it was exactly 1 week for me from Test to phone interview. I am assuming things are speeding up now. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for the in person. I really hope its soon because I have other interviews next week and naturally I will have to accept an offer if I get one first (the bird in hand thing) but I want to give Verizon the priority as thats my first choice.
Interesting thread we have here. Where is everyone located? I am in NYC

Jonboy on Sep 9, 2016

Anyone now when the next training will be in the New York area? I am also still waiting for my in person interview. I hope its soon otherwise I will have to accept another offer I have pending

Lisa on Sep 10, 2016

Waiting for in person interview also. Very slow process. Seriously, how does Verizon expect to hire quality people with this kind of process? Do they not realize that someone who is in demand is not going to sit around waiting for them to schedule an interview for weeks and weeks?

Robert on Sep 13, 2016

I am in NYC and have my phone screening today. Came here looking for advice. I have a temp job lined up that starts in a couple of weeks, so at this point I can afford to wait...this is my first choice as well.

Anonymous on Sep 15, 2016

NYC how did your phone interview go? I'm in YonkersI also had my phone interview this week on Wednesday and passed. They called me today to schedule my in person interview for next week, Monday in Valhalla. I'm nervous as hell. I know how to answer the questions but the problem is I get so nervous at interviews I sometimes blank out. anyone know how many STAR questions they typically ask?

Anonymous on Sep 15, 2016

Had the in person interview over a week ago - still haven't heard back. Anyone know what the wait time is to get a hiring decision? If this drags out much longer I will have to accept another offer

Anonymous on Sep 20, 2016

I took my interview last Tuesday myself. I am waiting too. They said 7-15 days, so I hope it will be soon.

Anonymous on Sep 20, 2016

They told me a couple of days. Still waiting

Anonymous on Sep 20, 2016

Has anyone been hired yet and can let us know how long it took to get the job offer from the time you did the face to face interview?

Anonymous on Sep 29, 2016

I applied the job on 10/1 and received an email for online assessment on 10/2, however I completed the 2 hours assessment on 10/3 night time and the webpage only showed " Thank you for completing the assessment(s). " , so I am curious how you guys can get the assessment result immediately ? Anybody can share the whole process with average time frame ?

Anonymous on Oct 5, 2016

You should receive an email letting you know if you qualify or not.

Anonymous on Oct 6, 2016

I've gotten a call today from a closer office setting me up for a face to face interview there. I told them I had a f2f interview already at a different office and was curious what the status was. They told me they are still doing interviews and will let me know when they finish at that office. I've been waiting 23 days. So I feel better that I know what's going on, even if the process has been slow.

Anonymous on Oct 6, 2016

I got my email for my online assessment an hour after doing it. But this whole process for everyone has been a long process. I'm sure you will find out soon.

Anonymous on Oct 6, 2016

I applied 6/27/16, email to take test on 7/17/16, passed test, on 8/20/16 got call to schedule face to face interview for 09/05/16. Got email the next day, thanking me for interview & that I will hear from them soon. Called recruiter 2 was later, she said I passed face to face & was still interviewing other & they are awaiting finalists. As of now it's been 4 week & a few days & still nothing. If I passed interview, what's the hold up? Or maybe it's just that many people that applied. I'm not sure, but this has been a very long and stressful procedure. Background, I have long year of sales and call center experience, so this is worrisome. Any of you guys had to wait this long for an offer?

Anonymous on Oct 12, 2016

I applied to the call center in Pittsburgh on Sunday, received the assessment email on Monday. Took it same day, got the call for the phone interview yesterday! And received a phone call for the face to face interview set up first thing this morning! (10/13/16) I set it up for this coming Monday. The process isn't taking so long from my own experience. This has all happened in the matter of 4 days.. however does anyone have any suggestions for the panel interview?!

Anonymous on Oct 13, 2016

I applied 6/25 myself and have been through this long process like you. I applied to 2 locations since they are within driving distances from me. I was told they are still doing interviews and when they are finished I will be contacted. My aunt who was in HR said they are required to hit a certain number of interviews before making announcements. I'm not sure if this is still true today, but I think it makes sense being how long this process is.

Anonymous on Oct 14, 2016

I'm still waiting applied 6/14/2016 had a face to face on 9/14/2016 got the email the next day , called and said unqualified after the face to face and waiting for a answer back so you are not alone

Sorry qualified

Anonymous on Oct 14, 2016

This is late but may help others,,,For interview, be confident & if you have actual sales experiences, use that in your answers, it shows. Don't lie, be honest & show interest. Show that you have what it takes & carry yourself that way. Body language is key. The interview is normally with a manager & a supervisor. & learn to see a pen or any piece of object.

Anonymous on Oct 17, 2016

Has anyone heard back yet? Regarding face to face?

Anonymous on Oct 20, 2016

I called the recruiter and she said they were rushing to get through canadite's interviews and fast as possible and they haven't call anyone back yet. This was for the Philadelphia office. They told me in my interview classes started 11/07 which is soon so I'm not sure what's going on with them. It's ridiculous

Anonymous on Oct 24, 2016

Any news on the 11/07 class 👆

Anonymous on Oct 30, 2016

No news so far. I am hoping this week will be the week. I think they are going to have to push back that 11-07 class. Nobody on this forum here has said they got a call. Which I guess you can view as a good thing since they haven't passed on us. We just have to wait for this pain in the butt company to hurry up.

Anonymous on Oct 31, 2016

I just called them classes are filled already so looks like bad news :( she said I had to re apply for the January classes

Anonymous on Oct 31, 2016

I had 6 years experience in the same exact job, but was laid off 3 years ago because of a company surplus and I still didn't get the job. I got hired at 18 years old and my previous job was a cart collector at a supermarket! They are a joke I have no clue how I was passed on. the woman I called said I qualified after the f2f interview. But I guess I wasn't their final choice.

Anonymous on Nov 4, 2016

I applied on 11/14 took test on 11/16 right after yest got email saying qualified. Received call on 11/21 for in person which is on 11-29.

Anonymous on Nov 22, 2016

*test

Anonymous on Nov 22, 2016

I did the phone interview and got a call within 30 minutes to set up the face to face interview. Maybe I just got lucky...

Anonymous on Mar 14, 2018

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.