Theranos Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 170 of over 170 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Theranos

Theranos

Application

I interviewed at Theranos

Interview

Brief phone interview, they seemed more interested in telling me what the job was than hearing anything about what I had done in my previous positions throughout my career or what I would do for them

Interview Questions
  • Just talked about the position
    Answer Question

Theranos

Application

I interviewed at Theranos

Interview

The interview process was long and not organized. Took more than 2 months for the process to be completed. No follow up email saying you’re still being considered as a candidate. Interview wasn’t too hard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Theranos

Application

I interviewed at Theranos

Interview

Recruiter scheduled a phone interview during working hours. However I got no call. Very unprofessional. I emailed and asked if they were busy and wanted to reschedule but also did not receive any answer.

3 people found this interview helpful

Theranos

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Theranos

Interview

Standard data structure and algorithm questions. All the interviewers were really nice to talk to. Interviewers helped out too when i was stuck building my solutions. 3 interviewers , one focused on designing a system, one on coding/algorithm and the last on designing apis

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA)

Interview

Quick process! 1) First Phone interview, 2) group interview 3) 1:1 . At the end, had interview with vice president for 10 min. when I thought I'm done with the last interview, was told to stay in glass room for few minutes.I was expected someone to escort me toward lobby due to the high security they have. Suddenly saw the Queen of Theranos! not Elizabeth II, but Elizabeth Holmes.;) She was the last person who interviewed me. Quick but professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested to work here? , Tell me about your experience as .... ?

Theranos

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos

Interview

A recruiter found me through linked in and asked if I would like an interview. I had a phone screening with the recruiter then a phone interview with a research manager. Next was an onsite interview

Interview Questions
  • What are the steps to PCR after DNA is extracted, what is your research experience, what are your experience working within a team

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (New York, NY)

Interview

Manager contacted by e-mail Afterwards, interview with manager on the phone Then, asked to come for an interview with manager and team on site Finally, interview with CEO on site Contacted by HR on decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Theranos

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos

Interview

Phone screening interview - technical phone interview - on-site interview. After I got recieve first e-mail from the company phone interview process ran through faster than I expected. They always contacted me after 2 business day with the interview result. But overall interview process was very long compared to others.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in Aug 2016

Interview

I applied online. Initial round was a phone screen from HR. Next was a phone screen by a Scientist. The third round involved a technical presentation via webex/skype to the hiring team. The fourth and final round involved onsite interviews with senior scientific managers including the hiring manager. The entire process lasted over 2 months from HR screen to job offer. The Scientific team and the hiring manager were friendly and easy to talk to. Interview questions ranged from general HR questions to technical questions after presentation of my work to questions about working style in a team etc. I received a job offer from Theranos however that offer was withdrawn later. That was not surprising since the company announced that it was laying off over 40% of its workforce immediately after. Not to mention that they are also facing investigations from multiple federal agencies and have been severely criticized in the press.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Theranos

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos in Jul 2016

Interview

If you hear back from this company, pls. check the news and gather as much information about the company as possible. You will have a lot of questions but remember that the interviewers get very defensive when asked about the negative spotlight, so be a little diplomatic. That being said, gear up for a long interview process that will take 1-1.5 months. The interview will consist of the following stages: (1) Phone screen by HR (2) Second phone screen by a different HR (3) Third phone interview with a technical member whose area of expertise is similar to yours (4) Skype interview with technical panel (5) On-site interview with executive members (technical mostly).

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Theranos?
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
  • What do you know about Theranos?
  • How do you feel about moving to CA? Salary expectations?
  • Technical: Tell me about your projects and work experience. Other questions build on your response.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 170 Interviews