Theranos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Theranos Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter scheduled a phone interview during working hours. However I got no call. Very unprofessional. I emailed and asked if they were busy and wanted to reschedule but also did not receive any answer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Theranos.

Interview

Standard data structure and algorithm questions. All the interviewers were really nice to talk to. Interviewers helped out too when i was stuck building my solutions. 3 interviewers , one focused on designing a system, one on coding/algorithm and the last on designing apis

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Quick process! 1) First Phone interview, 2) group interview 3) 1:1 . At the end, had interview with vice president for 10 min. when I thought I'm done with the last interview, was told to stay in glass room for few minutes.I was expected someone to escort me toward lobby due to the high security they have. Suddenly saw the Queen of Theranos! not Elizabeth II, but Elizabeth Holmes.;) She was the last person who interviewed me. Quick but professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested to work here? , Tell me about your experience as .... ?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos.

Interview

A recruiter found me through linked in and asked if I would like an interview. I had a phone screening with the recruiter then a phone interview with a research manager. Next was an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• What are the steps to PCR after DNA is extracted, what is your research experience, what are your experience working within a team   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos.

Interview

Phone screening interview - technical phone interview - on-site interview.

After I got recieve first e-mail from the company phone interview process ran through faster than I expected. They always contacted me after 2 business day with the interview result. But overall interview process was very long compared to others.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (New York, NY).

Interview

Manager contacted by e-mail
    Afterwards, interview with manager on the phone
    Then, asked to come for an interview with manager and team on site
    Finally, interview with CEO on site
    Contacted by HR on decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Initial round was a phone screen from HR. Next was a phone screen by a Scientist. The third round involved a technical presentation via webex/skype to the hiring team. The fourth and final round involved onsite interviews with senior scientific managers including the hiring manager.
    The entire process lasted over 2 months from HR screen to job offer.
    The Scientific team and the hiring manager were friendly and easy to talk to.
    Interview questions ranged from general HR questions to technical questions after presentation of my work to questions about working style in a team etc.

I received a job offer from Theranos however that offer was withdrawn later. That was not surprising since the company announced that it was laying off over 40% of its workforce immediately after.
    Not to mention that they are also facing investigations from multiple federal agencies and have been severely criticized in the press.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Theranos in July 2016.

Interview

If you hear back from this company, pls. check the news and gather as much information about the company as possible. You will have a lot of questions but remember that the interviewers get very defensive when asked about the negative spotlight, so be a little diplomatic. That being said, gear up for a long interview process that will take 1-1.5 months. The interview will consist of the following stages: (1) Phone screen by HR (2) Second phone screen by a different HR (3) Third phone interview with a technical member whose area of expertise is similar to yours (4) Skype interview with technical panel (5) On-site interview with executive members (technical mostly).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Theranos?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Theranos?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about moving to CA? Salary expectations?   1 Answer
    • Technical: Tell me about your projects and work experience. Other questions build on your response.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Theranos.

Interview

Applied online, phone screen with HR, second phone screen with supervisor of another department. I did not get past the second phone screen, likely because they were probably cheap and didn't want to fly me out for an interview, or because they didn't care enough to even have someone I'd actually be working with conduct the phone screen.

Either way, it was a waste of time and seeing as how the company has been going lately, it's probably a good thing. I don't recommend applying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move out here (bay area)? Tell me about your current work.   Answer Question

Medical Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. The hiring process is kind of lengthy. Initial contact is by phone. The recruiter asks several questions about your interest in theranos and any relevant experience. Then if they think you're a good candidate they will forward you to the next step which is a face to face interview. Offer that is either another face to face interview or a second phone interview to further discuss the position. After that I don't know if they extend an offer or not. My second phone interview is in a couple of more days. The interview prices is a little lengthy in my opinion but they are interested in quality people so they are doing do diligence. Hopefully I get the offer, I'll update again after the next step is complete.

Interview Questions

• I see you have customer service experience do you interact with staff? patients?   1 Answer