Theranos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

The recruiters were very professional and nice. They were responsive and very honest. The technical interviews, on the other hand, were good in general, except when I had to speak to the president of the company. He was aggressive and weird. He asked why would I want to work at Theranos and when I told him that I want to learn, he told me that he doesn't want to employ people so that they can learn and leave. After that, met with the CEO and she was nice.

Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, 2 on 1 interview, 1 on 1 interview, Interview with officers.
    Fast reply, easy questions, comfortable

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Theranos.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with Theranos, and was taken aback at how casual it felt. I was being very professional and the interviewer would use words such as "ummm," and "yeah." The in person interview was the next step and felt very organized. It started exactly on time and ended exactly 30 minutes later. I talked to two people about my qualifications, though they both asked pretty similar questions. The main point they were stressing was the long working hours (50-60hrs/week) and if I was willing to work that much. Overall, the interview process was a great experience. There is one more round, which I am waiting to hear back from, so let's hope I get it!

Interview Questions

• They asked about what type of problem had occurred with an instrument, and how I went about to troubleshoot the problem or fix it.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview, onsite interview, and executive interview.

The phone interview was very short, basically just asked why you want to work for the company, what's your goal in a couple of years, etc. Then the recruiter helped schedule a time for onsite interview.

The onsite interview was about 30 minutes. Two interviewers, and they each asked pretty much general interview questions.

The executive interview was more like try to see if you are a good fit in the company, I think it was more like a personality test. I met with the COO, and we were having kind of a casual conversation.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Theranos (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Four weeks after I submitted my application I received a phone interview. The interviewer was professional and asked relevant questions. He advised me that the hours would be long, but that the work was ultimately fulfilling. Later that night I was emailed asking for an on-site interview. This is where things went downhill... fast. I was advised that I would be meeting with "Person A" at 2pm and "Person B" at 2:20pm and that the whole process would last 45 minutes. I arrived early, signed in and was ushered to a closet-sized room. My interviewer came 10 minutes late and instead of being the first person I was supposed to meet with "Person B" came in. He was disheveled in dress and hadn't even taken the time to read my resume (no apology for tardiness either). He didn't ask a single relevant question and after being off-topic for 10 minutes he got up hurriedly and left me alone in the room. I sat in the tiny room for 20 minutes before someone who I wasn't supposed to be meeting with came in. Luckily this guy had read my resume and asked relevant questions. He interviewed me for 15 minutes then left. I was then escorted to the front desk. Later that night I was asked if I could come at 6pm for a meeting with the COO (mind you, they asked me to come in). I said I could make it, to which I received a response of "Let me see if he can move his schedule around." At 5pm I emailed the internal recruiter to see if I would in fact be meeting with the COO, to which I received a response stating that they "Couldn't squeeze me in" (again, they were the ones who asked me to come in). I decided to take another offer at a different, far more professional and respectful company. If that's how they treat applicants I can only imagine the disarray of the workplace.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. You're lucky if they read your resume.   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online and after one week or two got the recruiter email to arrange a phone screen. It's been pleasure to talk to the recruiter and set up the next technical phone interview for the following week.
    And then it comes with the highlight part: A woman start with a very unprofessional mood called my phone when pass the schedule interview time over 20 mins. No sorry no explanation at all.
    The questions was very simple: tell me what's the difference of the index in SQL, how to use loop in T-SQL, how to use try catch in T-SQL, how to use Trigger in SQL... No query test at all. This is so simple for me but I'm really struggle to understand her accents English! Can you imaging someone call loop for dome??? I have no choice but kindly asked her to spell for me, D D D, D for DOM. Come on, dom? I confused for seconds and tried to asked: are you saying Tom?

The whole interview process is totally mess up and unprofessional at all. No explanation for the question, no comment or response to your reply. The impression for me of the whole interview is :OK, I come to waste your time today and we already have the choice.

Overall, my WORST interview experience at all!!!!
    Try other company if you have choice.

AP Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Theranos in October 2013.

Interview

If a company doesn't respect my time, we are pretty much done here. I am just as busy and important as you are so I don't know where you get off thinking you can waste 15 minutes of my time. Interview was at 3pm. I showed up at 250 to sign in. Recruiter doesn't show up at the lobby until 305. I get seated in the conference room. Hiring manager doesn't come by until ten minutes later. I was so livid, I considered leaving but I decided to keep it together but in the end the interview lasted less than ten minutes. This company calls themselves innovative and the "future" of their industry but they are more like a conservative, old-fashioned company. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• If you received an invoice, what would you debit and credit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Interview

I was interviewed directly by the Financial Controller and similar to the previous poster/s, she arrived late and seemed extremely uninterested. I am not sure if they already have someone in mind for this position but I am unsure why we even had the interview. The interview lasted about 12-15 minutes but could have easily ended before 10 minutes. Did not allowed me to finish my answers and didn't really ask me any real questions. I am not sure why she even wanted an interview.

AP Clerk Interview

Interview

Interview with Controller, felt I had to direct conversation because the other was unprepared, talked about my job experience as it relates to the role - but individual seemed disinterested. In my opinion, individual ONLY wanted to get vibe that I'd be willing to work 12-14 hours a day.

Interview Questions

• Not being asked specific questions so that I could get a sense of what the interviewer wanted to know as it relates to the company.   Answer Question

App Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I interviewed at Theranos (Milpitas, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Initially the interview stared at a career fair. Resume was given to a Director of Marketing who had a Physics background. My background was not in physics but in engineering discpiline. Dir indicated my background would be a great fit for new technology they acquired. I interviewed with several dept disciplines one on one.