Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

159 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

HR did a quick phone interview to screen and understand my experiences. She came back one week later to schedule for an interview.

Didn't feel good about the environment when I was there on the day of the interview. First met a nasty receptionist who wasn't friendly at all and refused to let me enter the office even though I told her the name of the interviewer. Her reply to me was that the person doesn't exist.

Met up with a big group of interviewers and they were late. Some of them attended were not on the initial invitation list that was sent to me.

The focus was on my work experiences and each of them took turn to ask questions. The questions asked were simple and basically to understand my roles and responsibilities.

I felt that they were not sure of what they were offering when I asked about the role. Giving a lot of "if" scenarios as if the roles and responsibilities had not been finalized and there will be major changes to it.

The interview didn't give me the comfort to pursue the opportunity further. The main takeaway for me is that I do not want to join this company.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Don't waste your time. They expect applicants to spend their time applying but then Thermo Fisher doesn't have the professional curiosity to respond by email with a "no thanks." They don't reply by email, phone, letter, etc, after your submission goes through. Having this lack of acknowledge on whether they've processed my application or spilled coffee on it- I won't be applying or recommending anyone to them.

Interview Questions

• Do you care about company look?   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

I had three phone interviews that went very well. I sent an email to the HR person to follow up about the interviews and got no response. After about 6 weeks later, I have had no response either way and I'm kind of glad I didn't get an offer if this is how the company is run.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the one thing that separates you from all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, phone interviewed. Followed by a phone interview set with the HM several days later. Comments were made about me not being a millennial which were clearly out of line. Additionally based upon the experience level required, a millennial would not have enough previous work tenure to qualify to apply.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

HR was decent, interview process was timely. However, once I got to the onsite everything changed. Horrible interviewing practices. One interviewer was literally on his phone the entire time while I was talking. Much disrespect. Also, there were no whiteboard coding at all - like really? They literally screen software engineering candidates by asking them behavioral questions. Don't even bother applying here, it's going to be a colossal waste of your time and effort. No wonder these kind of companies can never attract talent.

Finance Interview

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. Person was very rude and asked personal/irrelevant questions. Also, they called me 15-20 past when the phone interview was scheduled. Thats not how you attract new talent.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would work until midnight. If your working until midnight either your management is doing a bad job or your way understaffed.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is smooth and organized, initial scheduling of interview process is done via e-mails . consist of a couple of phone interviews with HR, the hiring manager, and then video screening before receiving an invitation to Division Headquarter to meet the team. Interviews were held one on one and some in group settings.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are straight forward, for example:
      Describe your strengths and weaknesses.
      Describe your experience and responsibility in previous job.
      Describe a problem you had in your previous job and the solution to solve it.
      Describe an ideal manager.
      Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Logan, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews with HR, and the hiring manager, and then was brought on-site to meet more of the team. Interviews were held one on one.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your background and why you think you would be a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Several back and forth emails and phone calls. I wasn't getting the emails or he wasn't sending them. I finally set up an interview date and was given a tour and taken to a meeting room. Waited a half hour before anyone came in. Questions were pretty standard. It was myself, an hr representative and two production supervisors. The building had a chemical smell throughout. Pay was too low so I removed myself from the candidate pool.

Scientist III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

was straight forward - 15 mins of phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. In person interview was for like 5 hrs one on one with different team members