Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Chemical Packager Interview

Interview

Three managers from different departments interviewed me not knowing what department I would get hired for. Was a bit stressful because for every interview i was being moved to another room.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with standard warehouse safety regulations   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Submitted application online
    HR contacted by e-mail to schedule phone interview
    Phone interview with HR
    On-site interview with HR
    On-site interview with two hiring managers
    Interview with entire team
    Contacted by phone and e-mail regarding decision

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this company?
      Can you walk me through the processes you performed in your previous job experience?
      What is important trait to work in a team environment?
      Is communication important to you?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

I found out the opening from Indeed and applied via Thermo Fisher's website. It took about 1 month before a company contract recruiter contacted me. I did 2 phone screening with her. The first was very brief because I got caught up in work and she only had time to give me an introduction and asked me if I was still interested in the position. I said yes I was interested in the position and we scheduled the second phone screening. Only at the end of the second phone screening she brought up that the management team prefer SAP background though on the job description both SAP and Oracle are preferred. I only have Oracle experience and I never heard from her again.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and you literally have to chase them to get a response. After getting a response 1 on site interview with two people and then phone interview with 5 different people. Never got a response after 3 weeks

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Durham, NC).

Interview

Applied online, and then waited several months before hearing anything back. Pretty standard, then heard back from the HR department looking to schedule a phone interview. After this they then scheduled an in person interview. A couple of days before this happened they actually contacted me to say the position was cancelled.

Senior Director, Human Resources Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter for an unlisted position. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, followed a few days later with a call by the hiring manager. There was a 2 week delay while internal meeting were going on and finding being made for the role. I was contacted for in person interviews that were arrange 2 week after that. A lot of waiting time between contact. In person meetings were in Carlsbad, CA. Small interview room with 30 minute interview meetings with 5 people. Staff was friendly and it was a long afternoon on a Friday.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Waltham, MA).

Interview

One on-campus interview followed by a superday at the HQ. Three 30 minute interviews followed by a case study with two other candidates. We got the case in advance so they really wanted to see how you worked in a team to develop a presentation to give to three finance professionals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with internal recruiter, thoroughly describing the open position along with the requirements, an explanation of the organizational structure and what to expect in the hiring process, and the opportunity to ask questions about the role. A week later, I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What key factors do you consider important to being successful in this role?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Arrived in the morning and was given a tour of where I'd be working (cubicle area and manufacturing floor). Then I was given a complimentary lunch with my future supervisor and a few other employees. After lunch, I was interviewed by three people for a total of about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done? What was your thought process?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter and I was set up with 30 mins interviews with multiple hiring managers across the nation. I had about 4 before getting an offer. I had multiple interviews because they were trying to figure out where I fit best and where I would do well. After the second interview I was guaranteed a position.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions like strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question