Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific. The process is smooth and organized. All the emails, scheduling of interviews, and follow -up was very timely. It was better than most companies.

Cyber Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Applied online in the beginning of March. Was contacted to schedule an interview a week later. Did get an interview with one of the cyber security managers. Only spoke on the phone about 20 min. He did not ask me any behavioral questions, just a few technical. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about​ yourself?   Answer Question
    • What IT classes did you like? What did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP protocols? How familiar are you with Wireshark?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Logan, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews with HR, and the hiring manager, and then was brought on-site to meet more of the team. Interviews were held one on one.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your background and why you think you would be a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Several back and forth emails and phone calls. I wasn't getting the emails or he wasn't sending them. I finally set up an interview date and was given a tour and taken to a meeting room. Waited a half hour before anyone came in. Questions were pretty standard. It was myself, an hr representative and two production supervisors. The building had a chemical smell throughout. Pay was too low so I removed myself from the candidate pool.

Scientist III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

was straight forward - 15 mins of phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. In person interview was for like 5 hrs one on one with different team members

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Two scientists interviewed me at that time. They shared about their research experience and asked for my background. We had a good conversation (at least I felt). It took a long time for them to get back to me, I have to follow up with them twice to get the result.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Clinical Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Three phone interviews with different people. An in person interview , potentially not in the city in which the role is located. A flight up to another city of their choice for an additional panel round of interviews and 15 minute presentation on why they should hire you. I like the company, but it was just too much to require of candidates on top of working a full time job.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Straight forward, short process. Didn't interview with many people. Had one call with recruiter and three interviews on site in the WAltham office. Interviews were easy, I wish I met more people.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Old school prescribed behavioral questions. Cold mechanical like interactions with Interviewers focused on completing their section of the questionnaire. Limited interest on candidate skillsets and compatibility.

Interview Questions

• Would you take less? Followed by the TFS recruiter stating they really didn't know what the budget is.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Position in CA. Interviewed by the recruiter in the East Coast. Told me that they cannot compete with high tech companies in the bay area in terms of compensation, hence cannot move me through the recruiting process. Oh wow, that simply means you are not hiring the best. Very surprising for a multi billion dollar company.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter was only interested in my compensation   1 Answer