Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Two scientists interviewed me at that time. They shared about their research experience and asked for my background. We had a good conversation (at least I felt). It took a long time for them to get back to me, I have to follow up with them twice to get the result.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Straight forward, short process. Didn't interview with many people. Had one call with recruiter and three interviews on site in the WAltham office. Interviews were easy, I wish I met more people.

Clinical Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Three phone interviews with different people. An in person interview , potentially not in the city in which the role is located. A flight up to another city of their choice for an additional panel round of interviews and 15 minute presentation on why they should hire you. I like the company, but it was just too much to require of candidates on top of working a full time job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Old school prescribed behavioral questions. Cold mechanical like interactions with Interviewers focused on completing their section of the questionnaire. Limited interest on candidate skillsets and compatibility.

Interview Questions

• Would you take less? Followed by the TFS recruiter stating they really didn't know what the budget is.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Position in CA. Interviewed by the recruiter in the East Coast. Told me that they cannot compete with high tech companies in the bay area in terms of compensation, hence cannot move me through the recruiting process. Oh wow, that simply means you are not hiring the best. Very surprising for a multi billion dollar company.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter was only interested in my compensation   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy and to the point. Asked standard interview questions that you would expect at almost every interview I've ever been on. I would apply in gain if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used exceptional customer service skills?   Answer Question

Research Associate- Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was quite simple, they made me talk about my previous work and asked me a few simple technical questions. They wanted to know if your basics are strong and you are up to date on your technical knowledge. They also asked all the basic interview questions, and sometimes prefer if you don't give them the practiced answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a PCR.
      What's your 3 greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you resolve conflict?   Answer Question

It was a 6 month contract position with the possibility of extension but not hiring. It was in San Francisco, and the salary was not competent, and no benefits were offered.

Site Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Kenilworth, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

it was rushed and very uninformative. it was very fast i didnt know what was going on to be honest. i didnt receive alot of info from it and was hired almost immediately

Interview Questions

• when can i started as if desperate   1 Answer

Chemical Packager Interview

Interview

Three managers from different departments interviewed me not knowing what department I would get hired for. Was a bit stressful because for every interview i was being moved to another room.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with standard warehouse safety regulations   Answer Question

Associate Consumables Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring processes involved a telephone screening. Afterwards, a telephone interview with the Team Manager was done to see if they wanted to do in-person interviews. I met with 3 people for in-person interviews (done individually), a and another telephone interview with Human Resources