Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. One on One as well as panel. I was there a total of 3.5 hrs. Be early the campus is huge and you'll need time to park and walk.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how you handle communication between departments   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There were a couple of phone screenings and the questions were mostly around eCommerce concepts. Questions on how to use cloud technologies in today's evolving architecture of enterprise applications.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions on the basis of past experience   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Arrived in the morning and was given a tour of where I'd be working (cubicle area and manufacturing floor). Then I was given a complimentary lunch with my future supervisor and a few other employees. After lunch, I was interviewed by three people for a total of about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done? What was your thought process?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter and I was set up with 30 mins interviews with multiple hiring managers across the nation. I had about 4 before getting an offer. I had multiple interviews because they were trying to figure out where I fit best and where I would do well. After the second interview I was guaranteed a position.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions like strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (West Pittsburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Consisted of a 30-minute interview with standard questions that were recorded by the interviewer. The interviewer first introduced herself and described the position and benefits and what is expected. She then proceeded to ask me questions about my past experiences and how they related to the job. It was a fairly relaxed and informal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

More to come

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

HR does the first questions and phone screening to make sure you are qualified and salary range is within your requirements. This is followed by phone interview with hiring manager (several) followed by face to face with select individuals and hiring manager when timing worked out. This had the interview process take a bit longer since face to face is best for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you bring value to your current employer? If so, how do you measure that?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY).

Interview

Took about a month before the first contact from Thermo. After that the process went fairly fast.

First call was from someone in HR that went over my resume and experiences mostly and talk about the company and position that I applied for. After this the rep sent my resume over to the hiring manager and after about another week I got a call to interview on-site.

On-site interview was 3 rounds with the hiring manager, and 2 1-1's with other developers on the team. Behavioral questions are mixed in with technical questions and were about 1 hour each.

Offer was made during the same week.

Interview Questions

• Describe the algorithm you would use to sort a stream of data if you were looking for the shortest English words in the stream.   Answer Question
    • Give the design for a program that plays Tic-Tac-Toe.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable to a small degree. HR usually responded within a few days during negotiations.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Applied online. Did not get contacted by the company for months. Was contacted by company recruiter by phone, she said it was a $60k position. Moved on to phone interview with manager. Moved on to in-person interview with manager. Was told I was one of two candidates. . Job offered to the other candidate but he turned it down. I was offered the job but was told it was now $55k (65% base salary) and I could take it or leave it. I took it and found our average salary was $75k (65% base salary) starting, but I was stuck. 10 years later I still haven't gotten up to $75k and they are still hiring newbies at more than that. Also, was not told that less than 30% of reps make sales plan (which means you do not get your commission). They lose 40% of reps each year and treat the female reps terribly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? What do you look for in a manager? What qualities do you think makes a good sales rep?   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Long interview process, several weeks apart and HR will never update you of the clear steps. Takes forever to get final approval.
    Thought I never got the job and started to look for another company. To learn after a long time(?) that they need references and they actually called every one on the list.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Thermo Fisher?
      What do you like or dislike about your previous job?
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, onsite interview. The problem I have is that the company refuses to reimburse my interview expenses. It has been 6 months and multiple emails to the HR coordinator. At this point they are ignoring my inquiries - they act as if the reimbursement is coming from their own pocket. It is unprofessional and shows a lack of respect for candidates and people in general. I have long admired TFS and it is unfortunate that an experience like this has changed my viewpoint on the company - I will never apply for a job here again.