Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.8

Chemical Packager Interview

Interview

Three managers from different departments interviewed me not knowing what department I would get hired for. Was a bit stressful because for every interview i was being moved to another room.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with standard warehouse safety regulations   Answer Question

Associate Consumables Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring processes involved a telephone screening. Afterwards, a telephone interview with the Team Manager was done to see if they wanted to do in-person interviews. I met with 3 people for in-person interviews (done individually), a and another telephone interview with Human Resources

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very polite to me, and very cheerful. She asked me what position within Alchemy I was looking for, what my skill set was, etc. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of the internship program?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about a month. I had an interview with the director of the department on the phone. The phone interview with the director was the worst interview in my career. He sounded like he was outside with a headset; a lot of howling wind noise and bad receptions. I couldn't hear him well over the phone.

He didn't see my cover letter, resume or online portfolio at all. I spelled out one of the website URLs that I designed but he couldn't get it right over the phone so he had no idea what kind of designs I did. He sounded like he didn't care and he wanted to end the interview as quickly as possible. Although the interview went bad, he said he would have a recruiter to coordinate an in-person interview with me within few days but it never happened.

Be prepared and organized if you give an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Are You Interested in this Job? What is your design process?   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Submitted application online
    HR contacted by e-mail to schedule phone interview
    Phone interview with HR
    On-site interview with HR
    On-site interview with two hiring managers
    Interview with entire team
    Contacted by phone and e-mail regarding decision

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this company?
      Can you walk me through the processes you performed in your previous job experience?
      What is important trait to work in a team environment?
      Is communication important to you?   Answer Question

Senior Director, Human Resources Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter for an unlisted position. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, followed a few days later with a call by the hiring manager. There was a 2 week delay while internal meeting were going on and finding being made for the role. I was contacted for in person interviews that were arrange 2 week after that. A lot of waiting time between contact. In person meetings were in Carlsbad, CA. Small interview room with 30 minute interview meetings with 5 people. Staff was friendly and it was a long afternoon on a Friday.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and you literally have to chase them to get a response. After getting a response 1 on site interview with two people and then phone interview with 5 different people. Never got a response after 3 weeks

Senior Administration Interview

Application

I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in January 2017.

Interview

I received an invitation for a telephone interview for a senior administration position for the Carlsbad location. Contact from the HR representative was slightly confusing (emailed confirmation then called with information that she was working from home)

On the day of the interview, the representative was 10 minutes late. The representative did not conduct the interview in a pleasant manner and seemed annoyed with a derogatory tone.

I was uncomfortable throughout the process and relieved when completed. My previous research on the company stated mostly good reviews and a positive mission statement/culture.

I see that the position has been re-posted in April. I would not apply again.

Interview Questions

• What's your management style?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer
    • Do you have more experience than what what is stated on your resume?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

After passing a phone screen I was invited to meet for an in person interview.
    The Face-to-face interview was with 5 staff members and one additional phone interview with a remote member of the staff.

Interview Questions

• Many situation type questions and how you handled them.   Answer Question

ECommerce Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two round phone interview, one day on site interview. Very professional and working culture is very diversified. Phone interview is around 30-45 mins. Panel interview took one day. Working environment is good and people are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply this job? Why do you think you are fit this position.   1 Answer