Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Lenexa, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes forever. After I had 3 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews, one which took almost 4 hours with 4 different people, I was told that the position was between myself and 2 other people. After waiting for over a month after being told to be patient, I still have not heard from this company one way or another, which I really don't care for any longer. I ended up having to take a total of over a day of PTO from my current position to interview there. The management that would have been above me seemed to be very unorganized and the overall culture seems to be so corporately structured that I would find it hard to enjoy working for a company like this any longer. If you like working for large corporations and being a number, not a person, this is the place for you.

-- Interview

Interview

Interview process was quick, but onboarding took a while. I had a couple of phone interviews then one in person interview with two managers and a few people from the sales team. Interview was fairly technical and took a couple of hours for the in person interview

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews. Was offered a job from HR. I countered the salary and never heard back. After a couple weeks, I called HR and she said that some things changed in the company and they weren't hiring for that job any longer. Mind you, nobody reached out to me. 2 days later, they posted the job again. Advice: just be honest with people and don't waste time. If you can't increase salary just say so, don't ignore people. It's not professional at all. Dodged a bullet with this place.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter about a month after I submitted my application at Thermo Fisher website. I had a phone interview with the recruiter with mostly management questions and some questions related to the position, followed by phone interview next day with direct boss. Then, on-site interview the following week with executives (one-on-one interview with 5 people). The interview went very well. Everyone was very professional, enthusiastic and respectful. Most questions related to the position and "get to know you" kind of questions. There were knowledge exchanges at the interview which I really appreciated.

I was verbally informed of the offer in the following week. The interview process was very efficient and informative. Every event and appointment were on time and accurate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you showed leadership through difficulties.   1 Answer

Performance Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on march 30th and got an email on April 13th from a recruiter to schedule a call to talk about my qualifications. It lasted for about 30 minutes. You need to maximum try to impress the recruiter with your skills and spontaneity during this call. They might ask couple of behavioral questions during the call.

After a week, I got an other mail from her to schedule a phone call with the senior system engineer. This call lasted for about 24 minutes. He asked me some technical questions in this round.

After 10 days, I got a mail from the recruiter asking me to come on site for the next levels. they paid for my travel. There were 3 rounds on site. first round was with my manager and next one was with customer service manager and last one was with HR. Everybody were so friendly and asked me so many questions just to get to know me well and check and see if I can fit into the organization. lot of behavioral questions. Just try to prove that you really love the company and you are very excited to work for it. Interviews lasted for 2 hours and i was back home.

I received a mail from the recruiter the very next morning saying that i got the job and the team loved me.

Just received the offer letter today in morning and I am going to join in next month. All thanks to the recruiter who supported me right from the beginning of the process and made a follow up regularly.

Interview Questions

• Lot of behavioral questions to check if you fit into the organization. Be prepared for all types of questions before hand.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online in February and was contacted directly by the hiring manager in April looking to set up an interview. I had a phone interview with him mid-April and expected a follow-up/onsite interview but was actually offered the position about a week later. The interview was decently informal, he mostly asked about my prior experience and my general understanding of the science their team worked on. Overall a very low-key process.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me what your understanding of the position is?   Answer Question
    • Explain what your roles were at your prior internships.s   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Frederick, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview took less than 30 minutes. They decided to interview all 4 people that day at the same time. They asked basic questions about my resume and moved on to the next person. The whole process took about 1 or 2 weeks.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail by HR for the initial phone screen. Since I was an out-of-state candidate, the 2nd interview was also over the phone with two hiring directors (two open positions available). After a positive discussion with the two directors of the hiring department, they flew me out to have 1-on-1 interviews with five people (45 minutes each). Everything went very well, and a few days later the HR person called to reconfirm I was interested in the position and that the feedback of my visit was "very positive". They had a couple more candidates to interview before their decision so the HR person said I would be contacted in a week to 10 days time with the decision. My job experience matched the positions to a "T", so I thought there was a high likelihood of an offer coming.

After that, I received radio silence and my attempts to follow up for status were flatly ignored. Very rude - I didn't get the job, but the lack of follow up to let me know left a bad taste in my mouth. Even though the rest of the process was fine, I am giving the overall experience a thumbs down due to lack of follow up and being ignored.

Even now which is four months after my visit, those two positions are still posted on their website.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions (tell me about a time when..) plus the usual "why should we hire you?" questions. Not a difficult interview overall.   1 Answer

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The overall process took 3+ months. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which consisted of general questions and took about 30 minutes. Then after a week I was scheduled for on-site interviews with 4 people in company. Interviews went well, people over there were very nice and professional. I was told that I will be contacted in a few weeks. Waiting process took about a month Unfortunately, I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Technical Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

apart from technical questions many general questions about previous jobs, attitude, likeness etc were asked. They want someone to best fit their team , multitask and stay there for at least 2 years. ask as many questions as you can during lunch..they appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• what is one thing which you would like to change in the past (personally as well as professionally)   1 Answer

Negotiation

didnt negotiiate