Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions in Lenexa, KS | Glassdoor

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Lenexa, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process takes forever. After I had 3 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews, one which took almost 4 hours with 4 different people, I was told that the position was between myself and 2 other people. After waiting for over a month after being told to be patient, I still have not heard from this company one way or another, which I really don't care for any longer. I ended up having to take a total of over a day of PTO from my current position to interview there. The management that would have been above me seemed to be very unorganized and the overall culture seems to be so corporately structured that I would find it hard to enjoy working for a company like this any longer. If you like working for large corporations and being a number, not a person, this is the place for you.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

I was on contract for 3 months so when I was formally offered a full time position - I was not interviewed. The interview for my contract period only asked me questions about past project management capabilities and what my personality type was as per one of those personality tests. The total interchange lasted for about 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• There were no structured interview questions. Merely a "tell me about what you've done thus far in your career"   1 Answer

Negotiation

None - they would not negotiate, they were adamant about not offering any more for the position.

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Interview

I went through a temp than interview I sign applications, w-2 forms, and had a drug test than hired on started working they like my production than had another interview and drug test than hired on.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this job, where was you last employed and what you do, and etc   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Lenexa, KS) in September 2011.

Interview

Had and initial phone screening interview with the HR talent recruiter. Once that interview was passed I was set up for on-site interview. The on site interview consisted of five thirty minute interviews with the hiring supervisor, on site HR representative, peer to the position being filled, operations supervisor and the hiring supervisors manager. The office was very clean and seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation in salary. If they liked you they offered the top of the pay scale for the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Lenexa, KS) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone meeting with HR, onsite meeting with HR, onsite meeting with management in other departments, and hiring manager. Personality and situation-based questions. Asked how handled key accounts in former role.