Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA).

Interview

Group interview with the supervisors: Very easy, run of the mill questions. Tried to play good cop bad cop during the questioning process.
    1:1 with the group manager: More of a conversation interview vs. grilling with a lot of questions. Relatively easy and comfortable process. Afterwards I was given a brief site tour and asked to fill out an employment application.

Interview Questions

• 1. Briefly describe your employment history.
      2. What makes you qualified for this position?
      3. Asked if I had specific technical skills relevant to the position.   1 Answer

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The overall process took 3+ months. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which consisted of general questions and took about 30 minutes. Then after a week I was scheduled for on-site interviews with 4 people in company. Interviews went well, people over there were very nice and professional. I was told that I will be contacted in a few weeks. Waiting process took about a month Unfortunately, I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Technical Applications Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Took about 2 months from time of application submission to get a call back; first phone interview and then an on-site interview with 4 separate interviews with 2 supervisors in first interview and one-on-one interviews for the last three.

Interview Questions

• What volume reactions I had worked with in the past on previous PCR setups?
      Why would I be a good fit at Thermo Fisher?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. They asked a lot about my precious job as a server. Thermo Fisher stresses the importance of teamwork. You could definitely see that they want to know you can work well in a team and independently.

Interview Questions

• If you had a conflict with another employee, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Laboratory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA).

Interview

Interview with HR then interview with the people who I will be reporting to.
    A lot of personality questions. The interviewers didn't ask much technical questions.
    They are very insistent on asking what your previous salary was. Probably because this company doesn't pay that much and are afraid of hiring anybody who gets paid significantly more in the past.

Long interview though.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a large team?   1 Answer

Quality Control Laboratory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Canoga Park, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I briefly met with Human Resources, then I was escorted to the Quality Control Manager's office and was interviewed by the manager and my immediate supervisor. They asked me about my current job hunt and wanted to know more about myself. After that, they asked me about my resume and laboratory experience. They then proceeded to tell me about the opportunities offered at Thermo Fisher and the potential for cross training. After that they told me that they enjoyed talking with me and they would let my agency know a job offer. It was a short and straight-forward interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous lab experience?   1 Answer

Technical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

HR called, and talked about the previous experiences. Talked about the CV. The expectation seems very high, and usually a PHD degree. The whole process is smooth, but just a little bit bad luck.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and pretty standard. I spoke to the managers of the lab, and answered their regular questions about my history. One person, I spoke to 1:1 and the others was as a group. They did not seem that involved in hearing my answers, but either way I was accepted.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They ask a lot of questions about how you work with others and if you are social able and easy to talk to. They want to know if you are gonna be good with coworkers.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem, what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward and very professional

Supply Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Irvine, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

One very laid back phone interview and one formal interview with the sales team. The phone interview determines your competency. The interview with the sales team determines if you would fit on the team and contribute to increasing sales.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't know how to complete a task?   Answer Question