Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial screening with HR followed by a 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. This was followed by in-person interview with hiring manager at coffee shop for about an hour. A few emails exchanged back and forth answering some questions that I had. And I sent a thank you email as well. I followed up a week later with hiring manager via email but never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a succession plan? Was I positive I wanted to do sales? Why did I want to change careers at this point.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter, then a phone interview with a district manager. Face-to-face interview requested within a week. After first face-to-face interview, requested second face-to-face with two other sales reps from the district. Interview was pleasant, district manager was very nice. I was asked a lot of questions about sales tactics. Make sure to ask a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with failure?   1 Answer
    • What do you do if a competitor is offering your product for $1.00 cheaper?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no monetary negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bethesda, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy and straightforward, applied for the position online, 4 weeks later received an email asking for a brief phone interview with a talent acquisition agent where several questions were asked about my background and my interest in the position offered. Next was a longer conversation over the phone with the hiring manager where she talked more about what the position entailed and if I was a good fit for the position. Lastly was a 3 hour lunch interview with the hiring manager I spoke with earlier. This was not a typical interview and was more of an extended conversation with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the downsides of teamwork?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was friendly and had a conversational feel. It was set up through a recruiting firm so there was basic information on the job before hand. During the interview we talked about the specific roles and responsibilities in the team.

Interview Questions

• Rank these three things reward, respect, recognition. Explain.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in October 2014.

Interview

very long process, but everyone was extremely helpful. It took about 6 months to actually get an offer letter and at least 10 interviews. Well worth the wait though. You talk to about 10-15 different people throughout the entire process and dont exactly know who is who. so always do your best no matter who you are talking to!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Lenexa, KS) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone meeting with HR, onsite meeting with HR, onsite meeting with management in other departments, and hiring manager. Personality and situation-based questions. Asked how handled key accounts in former role.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Why are you leaving your current position?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Houston, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with local manager, then district manager and then an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness you have overcome?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen interview, by a recruiter, followed by another screen with the Hiring Manager. Then there were two in person interviews after that. The process took about two weeks from application to interview and then job offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavourial and questions about your past experience. This is to determinine how your experience fits with the current role.Q) When did you ever think outside the box?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Long interview process; with recruiter/HR on phone, Hiring manager on phone, in person with all managers in sales territory

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted first offer