Thermo Fisher Scientific Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Long interview process, several weeks apart and HR will never update you of the clear steps. Takes forever to get final approval.
    Thought I never got the job and started to look for another company. To learn after a long time(?) that they need references and they actually called every one on the list.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Thermo Fisher?
      What do you like or dislike about your previous job?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

bad interview. i will not write anymore to see the other information you have hidden on your site and are making me do all this just to say information I want to see.

Demo Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Questions about background? Behavioral questions. No technical questions. Person was really nice and on time. Really listening to what I had to say. Overall very good experience. I did not get any offer because I did not follow up.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was helpful and nice throughout the process. He helped arrange my on site interview in a timely fashion that worked along with my school schedule. The hiring manager conducted an informal interview where we discussed about the prospective intern position and it felt very comfortable considering I was interviewing for a job.

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

interviewed with numerous people inside the department and a couple of other depts (HR, legal, etc) and found everyone to be enjoyable and straightforward. An interesting feel as it is a large company and each dept felt independent when they could be but with overlaps that maybe weren't as defined as they could have been

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Very quick interview with the supervisor. He goes over your resume, pretty much reading it back to you. Asked only one or two questions about it. Gives you a worksheet with 5 problems on there to calculate. Once you are done, you get a tour of the lab. At the end, you sit in the manager's office as he looks over your resume and then asks you a question, usually the same one(s) the supervisor asked.

Negotiation

No negotiation. I would strongly consider other offers and companies.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was standard as per the role requirement. It was business focused and was specific to the roles responsibilities and business pain points. There was initial phone screen with the team lead, IT director and other peers before doing an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was specific to the role that was required by the business.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Then phone interviews with 5-6 people related to job.

Interview Questions

• Some scenario questions about how I would deal with different types of employees and if they would require different approaches, what they are and why.   Answer Question

Process was too slow and I decided to stay where I was.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Telephone interviews with HR recruiter to screen for first pass candidates. After telephone interview a technical telephone interview with onsite employee. If you make it past this round then an onsite interview with a panel of 4-5 individuals is established with each interviewer taking 30-45 minutes each. Each interviewer is a different level either in managment, software engineering or test.
    The first round onsite interview was technical in nature. Focusing on software technologies for web and desktop use. Interview has a focus on technical coding design, C# principles, GUI design and backend services. Depending on the position either hardware or software engineers can be part of the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• C# syntax and coding styles
      software development process you have followed (waterfall, scrum, scrum like)
      Software design principles
      Various software technologies (Web, GUI, WPF, HTML5, C#, Java, etc) If it is on your resume you will be asked about that technology
      Scrum and agile
      Overall experience of projects you have worked on to see if you can communicate clearly   1 Answer