Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Interview

Two scientists interviewed me at that time. They shared about their research experience and asked for my background. We had a good conversation (at least I felt). It took a long time for them to get back to me, I have to follow up with them twice to get the result.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Frederick, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was short and sweet. The in person interview was very long. Panel of 8 different people - took about 6.5 hrs. but everyone was very nice and honest about the work culture.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at multitasking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Rockford, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Started out with HR then manager then manager's manager then potential coworkers. Traveled a good distance to interview. They said they'd contact me in two weeks. When I tried to follow up they dodged all further attempts at communication. Very rude and unprofessional. At this point I am glad I did not get the job and have a rather negative feeling about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Boston, MA) in June 2007.

Good

Money

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific in July 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews went very well, both interviewers were professional and seemed organized and polite. Traveled a long distance for in person interview. I was on my own for dinners both nights and wasn't shown around town or anything. The interview itself went very well, everyone was very friendly and seemed legitimately interested in talking to me. I'm still waiting to find out whether they're going to make an offer or not 4 weeks after the first phone interview. The hiring managers had some vacation time that has interfered, which is slowing the process down.

Interview Questions

• The scientists seemed to know a lot about my research and had specific probing questions about it.   2 Answers