Thermo Fisher Scientific Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thermo Fisher Scientific Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Approximately 90 minute technical phone screen with lead architect. 5.5 hour onsite interview with mix of technical and personality questions and meetings with managers, testers, architects, and other engineers, 30 minute code test comprised of two separate problems...first problem was string manipulation, second was array slicing and collection manipulation

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to use anonymous functions or declared methods in C# and Javascript and why?

Follow up: describe some pros and cons of using an anonymous function instead of a declared method.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Wilmington, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screen, followed by a half day of one-on-one interviews. I enjoyed talking with the Thermo Fisher folks, but they decided not to hire additional people at that time.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thermo Fisher Scientific (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Telephone interviews with HR recruiter to screen for first pass candidates. After telephone interview a technical telephone interview with onsite employee. If you make it past this round then an onsite interview with a panel of 4-5 individuals is established with each interviewer taking 30-45 minutes each. Each interviewer is a different level either in managment, software engineering or test.
    The first round onsite interview was technical in nature. Focusing on software technologies for web and desktop use. Interview has a focus on technical coding design, C# principles, GUI design and backend services. Depending on the position either hardware or software engineers can be part of the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• C# syntax and coding styles
      software development process you have followed (waterfall, scrum, scrum like)
      Software design principles
      Various software technologies (Web, GUI, WPF, HTML5, C#, Java, etc) If it is on your resume you will be asked about that technology
      Scrum and agile
      Overall experience of projects you have worked on to see if you can communicate clearly
      1 Answer