Stripe Interview Question: They posited a support ticket... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Account Support Interview Portland, OR

They posited a support ticket they received that was really

vague, and it was difficult for me to know how to reveal my thought process while trying to answer in a quasi-generic way. The support ticket said "My website shows a sale has been processed, but it's not showing up in my dashboard."
Answer

Interview Answer

4 Answers

I guess that the answer to that question would be: if the transaction does not show up in your history, but appears on a customer's card statement, this is a sign that your customer is seeing a pending transaction and not an actual charge.

Guest on Mar 31, 2015

I was looking at their opening for this position as well.

It seems to me that their could be a few reasons for an issue like that. Perhaps a more appropriate answer would be to provide the most common remedy to that problem, perhaps the charge never went through and could remain pending for x amount of days, but then maybe ask for a bit more details regarding the issue. Does the customer show your merchant account name on their statement, does the customer show it as a pending charge or posted? You know offer an answer that could very well be the issue, but keep it open to learn more about the issue, so then potentially, the stripe business customer could report back with a few more details and you could further assist.

I hate when support throws me an answer through an email, assuming that it will work, and make no other mention about the thousands of variables that affect something so simple. So yeah, I would love to be asked for more details if they have more remedies in their book of knowledge about a problem. You can't find a word in the dictionary without the first, second, or third letter, same applies to technical support issues.

M on Apr 21, 2015

It sounds like they may have been looking to gain insight into your thought process and how you might go about solving a problem with very little information, rather than one specific right answer.

J on May 8, 2015

This would likely be because their website isn't properly connected to their Stripe account. If it's not showing up in their dashboard, then it didn't go through, and some further trouble shooting is needed. Need more details on the transaction to see if it's possibly attached to another Stripe account.

Anonymous on Nov 22, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.