Think Big Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.2

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Think Big (New York, NY).

Interview

It takes two hours for a technical interview, questions was do a median, stv dev, recursion, and some typical questions about file systems, bash, etc
    I really recommend this company but finally they declined my application

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff, you can learn all this questions in crack interview in hacker rank web   Answer Question

Client Services Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Think Big.

Interview

I was contacted by a Third party recruitment consultant on LinkedIn and he forwarded the resume to ThinkBig. They were interested in me and wanted to setup interview. Thats when unbeleivable things happened. I was surprised (and also thought at times that I am being scammed) that a company this big was not able to make an interviewer show up on time for the interview. They setup interview times with me 4 times (yes 4 times and the 4th time with a promise from senior recruiter that it will not be missed) and the interviewer didnt show up at all to the interview and also didnt bother to contact me with a reason to miss it. The consulting company that was very responsive to me 3 times stopped responding to my emails, phones, voice mails after the interview was missed the 4th time. I wish ThinkBig understands that everybody time is valuable and a potential candidate should be treated with some basic respect. I wasted several hours of preparation, interview times (moving my current work schedule) for nothing. Finally gave up since there is nothing I can do beyond requesting some response from them.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Think Big (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very well util the end. I interviewed with 4 people and the process took about 2 months. Since every subsequent interview was dependent on a successful previous interview I assumed they went well. After the last interview I was told that they will review feedback and they will contact me afterward. I didn't receive a call in 2 weeks. So I contacted the recruiter and she again said they are gathering feedback. After another 1 week I sent another email asking if they were still interested. It's been 2 weeks since that email and no response.

I wish they were courteous enough to tell their interviewees they didn't get the job. I had completed the last interview and was really excited about the idea of working for Think Big and even thought about turning down other offers. I feel they could have put me in a very precarious situation by not responding.

Interview Questions

• write a method that prints out a tree as indented lines   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Think Big in May 2015.

Interview

Oh, where do i begin? Had a phone screen with a recruiter who had to fill out a long form with questions that she was not qualified to ask or assess answers for (questions on Agile, SCRUM etc.) So basically, I spent 1 hour having to state and repeat my answers as the recruiter's job was to blindly type this into their system when I could have completed this in 15 mins if this was an online form. Why such as inefficient method, you ask? Well, as it turns out this only indicated the nature of things to come....
    The recruiter set up a Skype interview with a ThinkBig Senior Manager who mixed up the interview timings (ET versus PT), called me at an incorrect time (I wasn't available) and then sounded irritated when I called him back after a few minutes later to ask what was going on.
    He wanted to do the interview immediately (this is still all at a different time than was planned) , started shooting questions on my background (because hey, why would the candidate want to know more about the job requirements first?) . When we got through his questions and I started asking mine, he indicated that he had another call that he had to jump on (And here I was, mistakenly thinking an interview needs to work both ways :-()
    The recruiter indicated that I wasn't selected (maybe it was because I tried to ask questions about the job position??) and refused to provide any reason for this.

Interview Questions

• Questions on current experience with Big Data technologies and Agile   Answer Question

Think Big Response

Jul 10, 2015 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the Think Big recruiting process! This is certainly not the experience we hoped for you to have with our company and not representative of our best... More

Big Data Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Think Big in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me (via email) if I was interested in re-locating for this position and if I would like to speak with him on the phone about the job. I said "yes" (via email) and the recruiter never got back to me. I still have not heard back, and it has been several months.

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interviews while 2 were technical and 2 were functional.

Principal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Think Big (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to the company through a mutual colleague. I spoke to the CEO on the phone we decided to move forward. I came in for a panel interview and also met with the Director of HR. They had me white board some diagrams and the technical people grilled me on Big Data technology.

Interview Questions

• What are new and innovative Big Data architectures that cannot be solved by traditional RDBMS tools.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Think Big in February 2014.

Interview

Took a little over a month. First round was a technical Skype call focused on OOP and Java. 2nd Round was Skype with focus on problem solving and past experience. 3rd Round was in-person panel focusing on technical, problem solving, and teamwork. Last was 2 skype calls with HR and CEO focusing on past experiences.

Know your core OOP and Java. Be honest and straightforward since it is a small company and all the interviewers talk directly to each other.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was aligned to what I was looking for so I did not negotiate.

Consultant - Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Think Big (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring is a work in progress, Think Big is trying to ensure a good experience on both sides of the process. Expect technical interviews from an online screen to an in person white board session. Remember to focus on the goal rather than the details - consulting is often a problem solving or thinking on your feet exercise.

Interview Questions

• Most people get too focused on the details. Be confident. if you know the answer right away you are probably correct - don't second guess yourself. Also, show your work, Think Big likes to understand how people problem solve.   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Think Big in October 2013.

Interview

1: Phone screen by recruiter who contacted me via Linked in
    2: Skype interview with architect
    7: Phone meeting-HR director
    8: Phone meeting-CEO
    9: Phone meeting-client partner
    10: Coding interview

Interview Questions

• The standard deviation calculation and calculus related question   Answer Question