Thomas Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomas Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomas Cook

2.7

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview

I originally applied for a different position but was asked if I would consider interviewing for this. You start with a application then have a online test judging your English and reading skills. I had a video interview for the position I applied for (social media), I believe with the travel consultant position you don’t do this. I then had a telephone conversation and attended an assessment day. Nice open plan contact centre, friendly staff and lots of love attributes. Looks like a good place to work, managers sit at open desks, no negative hierarchy. I declined as I felt it wasn’t the right job for me personally but defiantly would be for someone passionate about travel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you’ve delt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview

Online application followed by face to face interview, usually in location, shop or call centre where job is advertised. Conducted by Manager and Customer Service Manager (Although the company has been change substantially since then).
    Took a while to get response of having been successful. Will look at your skills and what you can bring more than your education.
    I got the position over a person with Travel and Tourism qualification.

Interview Questions

• The usual process questioning of:
      - Why do you want to work for them
      - What you can bring to team
      - Availability to start
      - Why do you want to leave current employer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview

Quite lengthy, online application and tests, telephone, then face to face.
    Face to face the managers were extremely friendly and bubbly and because of them made me think it was a grew place to work. The tc staff are brilliant

Interview Questions

• If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why (sell the holiday)
      Tell me a time you were targeted/ team work - give examples   Answer Question

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

First was a maths and english test which i had 20mins total to complete. This was followed by the interview and a few questions about flexibility etc. The interview consisted of me, the cluster manager and the assistant manager of the store the interview was held in. I was told a few of the benefits of working for thomas cook and was asked if i had any problems with going on a residential to peterborough for 4 days as part of the induction period. We talked salaries too, overall a great experience, great people and best interview i have had to date.

Interview Questions

• If i could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why?   1 Answer
    • I was asked how i could use social media to draw peoples attention (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Long process since I applied. Got a phone call after 3 weeks inviting for phone interview then followed a group interview and maths and English test. During the group interview we were asked to choose a destination and sell the holiday. I felt like I couldn't express myself as other people were taking over. All together they still saw my qualities and offered me the job. Easy tests in my opinion. You can use calculator for percentages. Got a phone call the day after with a job offer. Still long time before starting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us. What do you know about the company. Where would you go and why. Why should we hire you. Give examples of when you were part of a team.   Answer Question

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontypridd, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Pontypridd, Wales (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. The first stage when you apply is the online tests (maths/English/multiple choice etc). After a few weeks you are invited to take part in a phone interview. This is more of the formal interview, after passing the phone interview I was then invited into the branch I applied to for the in person interview, this was more unprofessional, you have to sit a short easy maths and English test and then I was asked to plan a holiday for a celebrity.
    I was contacted with a job offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• (Phone interview) Tell me a time where you....
      Worked as a team
      Dealt with a difficult customer, etc   Answer Question
    • Pick a celebrity and plan a holiday using only brochures in the store. ( in person interview)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company? (Phone interview)   Answer Question
    • If you could choose any destination in the world, where would you go? (Phone interview)   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement?(Phone interview)   Answer Question

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online then got a call from a recruiter who did a phone interview after passing that I was invited into the store for an interview. Started by filling in forms then had to sit an English test and Maths tests had 20 mins to do both and that was more than enough time. I then went into another room where there were 2 interviewers' one was asking questions whilst the other was taking notes. Questions were based on relevant experience, handling difficult situations, what could you bring to the company etc etc. Then it was time for the role play where you are given an already drafted out scenario and you have to play the role along with the recruiter I really enjoyed it but can understand why it puts so many people off but if this is something you really want just go for it. The interview lasted around 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when ...............   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomas Cook in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was emailed saying that the store I applied for was now full, but they wanted to know if I was willing to work at other available stores, I was then given a competency based interview and a maths and english test.
    They told me about the benefits you get from working at Thomas Cook, the wage, the hours and the incentives you get from hitting targets and bonuses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Thomas Cook?   1 Answer
    • In what ways have you resolved an issue with an angry customer? How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • What are your experiences working with targets?   Answer Question

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Was in a room and one to one with a local manager during a recruitment fair. Kind of felt I was tricked out of a job that I was really passionate about getting!

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the team?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about thomas cook?   1 Answer
    • If you had a ticket to go anywhere right now, where would you go?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview

Applied via Thomas Cook website by attaching CV and covering letter, received invite for an interview approx 3 weeks later. The interview was with an area manager and the shop manager, made to feel relaxed, they explained the 3 parts of the interview, interview questions, maths comprehension and spelling test and role play, the role play I found daunting at first they ask you to choose a character to sell a holiday to but the interviewer makes you feel relaxed, the test has about 10 spelling and grammar questions and 10 maths questions

Interview Questions

• example of when you have made a sale and met targets   Answer Question
    • Why you want to work for the company   1 Answer
    • example of when you have worked as part of a team   Answer Question