Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC

2.5

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC.

Interview

Applied online using firm's questionnaire. Received a call back within a few days for an interview. Interview went great (almost an hour) and I felt we connected. Send a 'thank you' e-mail and received no response. I was told to check in with HR the following week, I e-mailed and left a telephone message, again no response. Not sure where things stand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your personal injury and litigation experience.   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC in July 2015.

Interview

I received a call from an HR assistant who was scheduling Skype interviews for the HR manager. We went over my professional/educational background, and discussed the position. Was told I'd hear from them in two weeks regardless if I received an offer or not. They never contacted me.

Interview Questions

• I was given scenarios, and expected to give how I'd respond/deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (Corpus Christi, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

It was brief and to the point. I was asked about my past experience what I look to do with my knowledge. The interview was one on one and felt at ease through the interview. No pressure at all.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do with my knowledge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed three times, once by the Human Resources Manager, once by an attorney, and once by the manager of the section that I eventually was hired to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• I was questioned about my experience in the legal field.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (Corpus Christi, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for Thomas J Henry Injury attorneys online. I was called within a few days and was scheduled an interview. My interview was conducted by a panel of 3 senior Paralegals. The interview process was based on a questions and answers as well as testing of my knowledge of Microsoft Office.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It is actually smooth and quick. Talked about the important's of the job title and firm. What benefits and opportunities they offer. Open door policy. The perks that are given with the firm.

Interview Questions

• They asked what is important to ourselves.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (Corpus Christi, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

When I got there, I sat and waited for approximately 15 minutes. Not too bad. I was soon brought back and interviewed with the person that would have been my direct supervisor. There were no unexpected questions, but I did feel that enthusiasm was important. I interviewed with a second person immediately afterwards.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any surprises or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed 2 times in the office by the senior attorney and once via telephone with the HR manager. At the interview the senior attorney tried to throw me off by asking scenario questiins and how I would handle various situations. I'd say the key is to keep your cool and never to have the deer in the headlights look.

Interview Questions

• We are impressed by your experience but tell me exactly how you would fit into this firm?   Answer Question
    • How exactly will your experience benefit me as a senior attorney dealing with a lot of performance pressure ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and your legal career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (Corpus Christi, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, contacted for a brief (15 minutes) phone interview two days later, and was actually asked to come in the next day for an interview. I wasn't unavailable until the following week, so scheduled the interview for the following Monday.

On the day of the interview, I met with two attorneys who would make up my practice area team as well as another attorney who appeared via speaker phone.

Basics
    They reviewed my resume, asked me about my job experience, asked why I was interested in the position and in the Corpus Christi location (I had just moved from the East Coast to Austin, and I think they were concerned that I was looking for the "Texas" experience , which Corpus Christi does not actually provide. I said I was looking for an adventure and was excited to experience any new environment/culture different from the one I came from). They also talked about the work atmosphere (overwhelming and demoralizing for the first 3 - 6 months) and the work lifestyle. Specifically, the attorneys, especially the younger ones, hang out and often eat lunch together, staying late and coming in for a bit on weekends is normal, and the supervising attorney for the division (who was not at the interview) is demanding, direct, and can have unreasonable expectations, but you have to roll with it. I really respected their honesty.

Hypos
    Then they asked me about how I would handle a variety of situations related to the practice environment. They were less interested in my legal education and experience and more in my personal qualities. For instance, I had extensive internship experience in immigration law, and they found that a very positive indication of a compassionate and empathetic personality which they felt was very important to the position given the clientele and the nature of personal injury issues. They also asked questions about how I handled stress, feeling overwhelmed, and frequently switching tasks throughout the day.

End of Interview
    At the end, the attorneys conferred among themselves, then consulted with the Attorney Manager, and then asked me to meet with the Attorney Manager. He gave another overview of the job, the type of candidate they were looking for, stressing personal skills, and asked if I had any questions. (I don't recommend it, but I didn't have any). Then they gave me a tentative job offer contingent on passing a background check and reference check. I was sent some paperwork from HR over the next few days and started a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What has your largest caseload been?   1 Answer
    • How would you tell a client that we cannot accept their case?   1 Answer
    • How you handle [insert unfamiliar or stressful situation]?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC (Corpus Christi, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I met with a supervising attorney for approximately 30 minutes to discuss my qualifications and the job requirements. I was then introduced to Mr. Henry. We further discussed the job requirements, hours, salary.