Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Fill out the form..meet and greet.."We need to put a face to the resume"fast talking interviewer who had his script down pat. "We'll call you by 4:30 if we think you can go on to the second interview" Led out to back door.

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

meet with director. Manager. And training manager. They take you to a office ask you few questions. Just try be as calm and relax as possible. And just be honest and straight up with everything. At the end of the process they said they'll send a email

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

CAUTION ADVISED

I had to travel a few hours via train and cab to get to the location of the interview. Once there, I was soon after greeted by my potential director/manager and brought into his office with another person from the team. After the interview was complete, I was walked to the elevator and was told someone would be in touch.

While the interview was an overall pleasant experience in all aspects, I was later appalled to learn that after spending roughly $250 in total for cab and train fair....for a mere CHANCE at getting the position, they would not reimburse me for even a fraction of those expenses. I wasn't even asking for them to pay my food costs while in the area, which wasn't exactly cheap, either. Turns out that TJU doesn't reimburse anyone that isn't an employee. You would think that you would do so for people you may want to become an employee, but no...they're oblivious to the costs people have to endure to even come to an interview if they live a decent trip away or more. That amount is a lot of money to someone in my position and thanks to this crude policy TJU seems to have, I'll never see it back. If they treat candidates like this, wonder how they are with their employees. Dodged a bullet by not working there. Here's a big middle finger to TJU.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions; easily answered in my opinion   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with the recruitment office. Fairly typical screening process. I was invited then for on-site interviews and met with several individuals on the team with whom I'd be working, the VP HR, and finally the CHRO and assistsnt CHRO. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversations I had and learned a lot about the organization. Everyone was very professional and collegial, and it made me want to work there. They then initiated the reference check and employment verification process. I submitted my references and employment was successfully verified, then ten days later I was told I was not selected. I was a bit confused since I went through the final steps of the process, so I asked for any constructive feedback they could give me. I didn't expect a lot, but I thought I'd at least some kind of response. I even expressed interest in another vacancy a few months later, but again received no response. I found the end of this process to be incredibly unprofessional and dismissive to me as a candidate and as a fellow HR professional.

Interview Questions

• Since I was trying to come back into healthcare from another industry, they asked what one thing I learned outside of healthcare that I could bring with me.   Answer Question

Evs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy, come prepared to answer comprehensive questions on background. Human Resources department was very helpful throughout process. Hired me on the spot, started a month later due to current job.

Interview Questions

• Hardest obstacle at former job & how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and two days later was called for an interview. I first met with HR and have a brief interview with her and then was given a map to walk over to the floor where I would be working on to meet the nurse manager. The nurse manager was very nice and she talked a lot about the floor and what kind of patients they have and what to expect. She then brought me onto the floor to meet some of the nurses as well. It took a little over 3 weeks to hear back from HR about the position, but in between then I would call HR to check the status of my application. Overall it was a good experience, but took a while to hear back.

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was the usual hospital interview. When I was contacted for an interview, I received a call to set up an interview, shortly after I received a detailed email about the interview, where to go, what to do, etc. On the interview day, I went up to the receptionist of nursing recruitment, then the HR representative greeted me, and I had my short interview. Interview was short & sweet. It seemed pretty informal, she didn't have specific questions written down to ask. Afterwards I was given a campus map to meet with the dept. supervisor. Also was short & sweet. Then I had a tour of the ER with one of the techs. Process afterwards with the job verifications & references took a couple days and I heard back in about a week from when I interviewed.

Clinical EMR Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The initial position i applied online via their portal and was contacted with a week by their recruitment. I was contacted two week after that the position was filled but they would like to keep me in mind for positions in the future. I was contacted again by the recruiter several weeks later informing of a position and requesting references. I recently received an email that explained the department was going to consider other candidates. There was a severe lack of communication from their recruitment department between delayed response to emails and no returned phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Directly asked how much money I make.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Placed an online application. Contacted within 10 days to set up an interview. Interviewed with nurse recruiter and hiring manager on the same day. Set up for a shadowing interview with my unit within seven days after the initial interview. After reference and skills check (online process) I was contacted within a few days with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• With the nurse recruiter:

Discuss a time that you had a difficult situation with the patient and how you handled it.
      1 Answer
    • With the hiring manager: Who are our customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation, I was offered a salary with the promise of an increase upon further certification.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in HR to come in for an interview the following week. The day of the interview I met first with HR and she discussed the benefits and ask general interview questions. I was told that there were 3 positions open and only 4 people were being interviewed. I was pretty excited about this and just knew that i had the job. Next I met with the administrator of the department. He didn't seem interested as soon as I walked through his office door. Afterwards i was shooed off to meet with the head nurse. She was very nice and welcoming but it was very unprofessional. We were in her office (she shared a closet sized office with another nurse) and practically every 4 minutes someone came barging in looking for candy. After being asked the same interview questions as before I was given a 3 page knowledge test that every MA should know. It was fairly easy and took only 10 minutes. I also had to complete vitals on 2 separate "patients". I did a very good job (so I was told) and was told that I will here back from HR about their decision. Let's just say I never heard back. I emailed HR myself and asked for an update and was blatantly told that I didn't meet their expectations. Unbelievable!

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear Thomas Jefferson University Hospital?   Answer Question