Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

Patient Registrar Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Interview

I was pulled into a joint interview between my potential supervisor and manager. They both proceeded to explain the position basically tag teaming the who interview without letting me get a word in. Then I was told that the job was really hard and if I made a mistake I would potentially be killing a patient. I was not phased knowing that this was a billing/registration job and that the actual possibility of risking a life was zero.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to stay late if your work is not completed?   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager who then showed me around the facility and introduced me to everyone. I was invited back the next day to shadow the nurse. I received the benefit package from HR the same day. Everyone was very friendly. Unfortunately, they were interested in hiring a nurse with experience in that specific field and I am a new graduate nurse.

Nurse Extern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter and nurse manager. Process was quick and painless. The recruiter ask very generic questions all of which were situational. I was offered the position the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a patient who had different morals than yourself   Answer Question

Administrative Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial 30-minute phone call with a group of former fellows, followed by an on-site interview that included a dinner with the formal fellows, a tour of the facility, and a formal interview with a larger group.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Fill out the form..meet and greet.."We need to put a face to the resume"fast talking interviewer who had his script down pat. "We'll call you by 4:30 if we think you can go on to the second interview" Led out to back door.

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

meet with director. Manager. And training manager. They take you to a office ask you few questions. Just try be as calm and relax as possible. And just be honest and straight up with everything. At the end of the process they said they'll send a email

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

CAUTION ADVISED

I had to travel a few hours via train and cab to get to the location of the interview. Once there, I was soon after greeted by my potential director/manager and brought into his office with another person from the team. After the interview was complete, I was walked to the elevator and was told someone would be in touch.

While the interview was an overall pleasant experience in all aspects, I was later appalled to learn that after spending roughly $250 in total for cab and train fair....for a mere CHANCE at getting the position, they would not reimburse me for even a fraction of those expenses. I wasn't even asking for them to pay my food costs while in the area, which wasn't exactly cheap, either. Turns out that TJU doesn't reimburse anyone that isn't an employee. You would think that you would do so for people you may want to become an employee, but no...they're oblivious to the costs people have to endure to even come to an interview if they live a decent trip away or more. That amount is a lot of money to someone in my position and thanks to this crude policy TJU seems to have, I'll never see it back. If they treat candidates like this, wonder how they are with their employees. Dodged a bullet by not working there. Here's a big middle finger to TJU.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions; easily answered in my opinion   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with the recruitment office. Fairly typical screening process. I was invited then for on-site interviews and met with several individuals on the team with whom I'd be working, the VP HR, and finally the CHRO and assistsnt CHRO. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversations I had and learned a lot about the organization. Everyone was very professional and collegial, and it made me want to work there. They then initiated the reference check and employment verification process. I submitted my references and employment was successfully verified, then ten days later I was told I was not selected. I was a bit confused since I went through the final steps of the process, so I asked for any constructive feedback they could give me. I didn't expect a lot, but I thought I'd at least some kind of response. I even expressed interest in another vacancy a few months later, but again received no response. I found the end of this process to be incredibly unprofessional and dismissive to me as a candidate and as a fellow HR professional.

Interview Questions

• Since I was trying to come back into healthcare from another industry, they asked what one thing I learned outside of healthcare that I could bring with me.   Answer Question

Evs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy, come prepared to answer comprehensive questions on background. Human Resources department was very helpful throughout process. Hired me on the spot, started a month later due to current job.

Interview Questions

• Hardest obstacle at former job & how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and two days later was called for an interview. I first met with HR and have a brief interview with her and then was given a map to walk over to the floor where I would be working on to meet the nurse manager. The nurse manager was very nice and she talked a lot about the floor and what kind of patients they have and what to expect. She then brought me onto the floor to meet some of the nurses as well. It took a little over 3 weeks to hear back from HR about the position, but in between then I would call HR to check the status of my application. Overall it was a good experience, but took a while to hear back.