Thomas Publishing Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.4

Junior Web Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company (New City, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and thorough. They emailed first to ask about my income requirements before scheduling an interview. After someone from HR set up phone interview. She really asked some difficult questioned to ensure I understood what position I was applying to. She dug deep into why I wanted to work for them and made sure I understood that the position was not team based rather it was independent.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied from ad online. It received a call to come down for an interview. It was through an agency (for pre-screening). I was asked to write a written response to assess writing skills. A week later, I got a call for an interview. I was offered a job a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a standard interview with questions about experience from my previous jobs, why I want to work at Thomas Publishing, how I would handle a difficult client, etc. If you know your resume well and the responsibilities of the role, you should do fine. I went in for two separate interviews. Between the interviews I was tasked with completing an online test to complete at home, which took about an hour.

I was told I'd hear back in a week after the interview, but heard nothing after two. I sent an email and called, but never heard back. It felt unprofessional, lazy, and callous not to hear anything after coming in for two interviews and taking a test.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a standard interview my resume was submitted by a recruiter to HR. HR reviewed and called me in for an interview. The job was described, I was given a tour of the company and introduced to the department and who I would be reporting too, shown where I would be possibly be working and then escorted out, the interview was complete. I was given an estimate on when a decision would be made and we said good bye.

Interview Questions

• Can I handle high volume, multiple deadlines & high pressure?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Editor Interview

Interview

Met with (female) editor and (male) publisher of lone print magazine. She might be good to work with, but the male is an old dinosaur who spent interview ranting about millennials, mocking my college major (even though it was an EDITING job), deriding the university I attended and finally lowballing me in terms of salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Called in for an interview, met with HR for a first interview. Walked to a separate floor for a second interview with your would be manager. Then a test is giving which takes about one hour, just testing to see if you can follow directions. Second day, meet director of the department. Waited a week and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you don't know what to do with a task what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was not very hard, since my background matches with the requirement of the job position. Most of question are just focus on my resume, such as "can you describe one of the typical day in your last position" or "what's the result of that project". If you are familiar with your resume, this should not be a big obstacle. Also, you should prove that you have the skills that are listed on the resume. I think the company just expects that candidate have enough preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• can you describe one of the typical day in your last position   1 Answer
    • what's the result of that project   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Digital Media Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant overall. You meet with HR (very friendly) and then the person you are interviewing with. The department that I interviewed for (RPM) is big on positive/friendly personalities. Good option if that describes you. Unsure about other departments under Thomas Publishing.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Interview

Agency pre-liminary interview w/ discussion of overall experieince,intrests, goals then I was referred to Thomas Publishing for an interview as a productions assisitant. Met with the HR department at the NY HQ the recruiter was very nice but I was her last interview before she quit. She asked many questions told me about the job and then warned me about my potential manager that his personality was a little over the top and not to let that throw me off or offend and then she took me back to tour the dept. and interview with the manager. That interview lasted 3 mins. and was over and I left. Didn't get the impression that the interview went well w/the manager but that afternoon I was made an offer and the accepted and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation they made an offer take it or leave it

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Thomas Publishing Company in February 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter in a phone interview, she was very friendly and asked basic background questions, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter was very persistent about asking for salary expectations and past salary information.   Answer Question

I received a different offer.