Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.2

State Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hampton, NH) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with supervisor and senior manager inquiring as to my background and experience in real estate law, legal writing and research, including questions on previous real estate law employment, my college degree in Journalism, and published articles and treatises relating to the position

Interview Questions

• What was my background and experience in real estate law and writing   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty streamlined. There was an open sales position that needed to be filled in a timely manner and they were able to make a decision relatively quickly. There was little bureaucracy to deal with and it was overall very professional. In my particular case it consisted of a phone screen first where I was given a clear understanding of the job and was asked questions about my professional sales experience. There were two in person interviews to follow, one was with the hiring manager, and the second was with the VP and hiring manager where I performed a demonstration.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Dec 30, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (North Quincy, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Process was rapid by comparison to other experiences, 6 weeks total. Telephone Screen / Telephone Interview with Hiring Manager / In Person interview with Hiring Manager + Management / Final In Person interview with Sr. Management team.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Thorough investigation of professional experiences and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Expect the salary question in the phone screen. Expect offer to be within the guidance provided at the phone screen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online, and after about a month (during which I forgot I even applied) I got a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The woman who gave the interview was very friendly, and most of the questions were pretty straightforward and expected (walk me through your resume, etc) although there were a few curveballs. I got a call a few days later to come into the office for a second round interview with the director I might be working under. This "interview" was more of a 75 minute casual conversation, which was entirely stress-free and relaxed. I got a call with an offer the next day

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what was the cause of the recent financial crisis? (more unexpected than difficult)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

First step was phone interview with 2 managers (difficult for 3 people via phone.) Next step was a series of in person interviews (3 total) with sales managers in local offices. Relaxed overall and friendly people, mostly want to talk about themselves - cater to egos! Primarily will be about fit, looking for a friendly and outgoing (fun) personality and willingness to learn more than particular experience. Any background in finance/sales and interest both is the basic requirement. Not a ton of responsiveness.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions other than info on your background and looking for a willingness to learn.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Room for negotiation (5-10k)

Webcast Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

First I had two phone interviews with HR and a manager. Then there was an in-person interview. At the in person interview I sat in their conference room and spoke with 4 separate managers who I would be working with on a daily basis. It was a little intimidating to sit in a room and wonder who would be coming in next. Overall, the managers were all very kind and just wanted to see if I would be a good fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about time management, organization, and balance. They wanted to know how well I could do if the job became stressful at times.   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Got the call through my University site. Had an initial phone screen with the Development Manager. Was pretty basic stuff about the technology and a little bit of resume.Since I was out-of-town candidate, my next round was over skype with the whole team (3 person). The team members were very nice,professional. I got a feel that the whole work environment was very comfortable and exciting. This round was pretty technical about the concepts however there was no code writing. This made me feel more respected because why would I apply if I didnt know how to ! There was a final interview with the development manager of the entire division which was more to see the cultural fit. The interview process was fairly speedy and the delays were on my unavailability. Felt definitely like a good company and team to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between InnoDB and MyISAM schema type in MySql?   2 Answers

Although they made a good offer, I got a better offer from another company.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Process was very smooth and quick considering the time and country difference.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance family and work life.   Answer Question
    • How would you cope working from home, starting later in the day and working into the evening to work around different time zones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Check the current market rates and what the company offers as a basic package. Always ask for career steps.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Cambridge, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Two questions. First, the absurdly general: "Tell me about yourself." Then, the absurdly specific: "Have you used VLookup in Excel?" (No, not at that time.) He ended the interview. I taught myself VLookup in under an hour the next month. Their loss!

This was a phone interview for an entry-level health analyst role.

Site Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Easy, quick and painless for both parties. Lots of preparation. Smooth and informative. No hurdles in moving through the interview. Not much more I can say on the subject to be truthful to anyone.