Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Visited their office over a 2-3 hour period, where we were given a tour of the officer and then sat down to interview with 3 different departments, the interviews lasting roughly 30 minutes each. Very typical interview questions, no surprises. I interviewed with business analyst, quality assurance, and project management.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email from HR a couple of days after submitting my info. I set up an in-person interview and we talked about my background. I asked questions about the position and I took a logic test. Two days after, I received an invitation for job shadowing, which I took. It was very interesting and I became excited for the position. They said they would be in contact and I emailed HR, but they haven't responded. Hopefully they do, otherwise it's extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 7, 2016 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Feel free to reach out to the recruiter for any updates on where things are... More

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied for an analyst position and received an email from HR a month later to set up a phone interview with two analysts. The first interview was mostly behavioral (why Reuters, why this job, tell me about yourself, etc). Was invited to come in for a second round interview with an analyst and VP the following week. The next interview was a mix of behavioral and a case study (mostly industry/company analysis, little math). Both interviews seemed to go well, however, HR never bothered to email back with any feedback or updates which seemed unprofessional. Even after following up, there was no communication and only found out they were still recruiting for the position when it was reposted on a job site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is simple. 1st call from the HR, which was a touch base, introduction to the company. The 2nd round was a pone interview with the technical manager. Followed by an in person interview with the Manager and the Department head.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an 'aha' moment? Describe some of them and how did you work to use those ideas at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

As an ex-Thomson employee, I was referred to this position by a former colleague. After almost a week of playing phone tag with the HR person (who was in San Francisco), we finally scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston. I am in NY. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and went pretty well since I knew some of the same people she did.

About two weeks later, I received a typical automated form email thanking me for my interest but letting me know that they would not be pursuing me as a candidate. Even though they listed NY as a viable location for this role, I believe they really wanted somebody in Boston.

Interview Questions

• Typical stuff. What were you doing when you were with Thomson? Why did you leave? What exactly were you doing at your last employer? Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Good brief on job and a presentation attached on company. Interviewer was cool too.. It's all about YOU though. He was just prompting me for more information (like a BA) I guess.

I thought it went well, and I ticked nearly every box. Unfortunately I was turned down due to internal recruitment. Kinda waste of time and could have done with formal feedback at the least.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will take your advice into consideration for future interviews. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

extensive and thorough, the process started with an english test and was followed by HR review. post this there were technical rounds and further language skills tests for arabic and urdu. this was followed by a stress-cum-panel interview. the last round was conducted by the business head. it was a challenging and stimulating process, just excrutiatingly long.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to shift from oil and gas market research to due diligence research?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ahmedabad (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a walk in interview at Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India office for freshers,
    There were two rounds:
    A MCQ test and HR round,
    and final round was with department head which i guess was a formality only.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Indian tax system and calculations,
      Basic accounting questions,
      General Knowledge questions related to sports, current affairs etc,
      HR round consists questions on educations and all which was based on submitted resume,
      Tax and accounting entries
      But the main motive of the round was to check communication skills and explanation skills of the candidate and they look for a candidate who can be an asset for the company for a long term period.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

had a phone interview first organized around competency questions, afterwards was invited to the face to face interview with two employees of Thomson reuters, where more competency questions were asked

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure so far within your career?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of me applying at my school's career web site and then within about two weeks was contacted via email to schedule a one on one interview. The interview went well and was extended an office visit but unfortunately the office visit must have not gone as well.